-->
young adult book reviews & more

Celebrity Secrets by Jennifer Brown

Celebrity SecretsWhat do you do when someone threatens to bring up your harsh past? How do you deal with it? How do you protect your family from everything you've been trying to forget?

Are you intrigued? Then you should definitely read Celebrity Secrets. This is the story of a celebrity names Alissa Harner, and it all starts with her twenty-first birthday. Her thirty-two-year-old boyfriend proposes and Alissa goes to visit her family from her hometown. But that's not the worst part: a book detailing Alissa' past.

Soon, a mix of characters are thrown into the conflict. There's Alissa of course, her mother Monica, stepfather Tom, her little sister Layla, her brother Greg, her boyfriend Kevin, an old friend Paula, the author D.S. Kirk, and someone from Alissa's family's past that they would never expect to show up.

Overall, I would say that I was very impressed with this book. At first I was doubtful, because it seemed just like all those other celebrity books out there already. However, the story gradually caught my attention and held it. The ending was especially good. It left me wanting more.

The scenes in this book were rather too short for my taste, but it did increase suspense. I found a few grammar mistakes, and the overuse of ellipses was frankly annoying. However, the ending of the story made up for all of this, and I wasn't disappointed.

As I started to read this book, I thought it would be good for those teens who aren't that interested in reading but like celebrity gossip. As I finished the book, I realized it was good for anyone who likes a very short read filled with suspense and juicy secrets.

Rating: 3.5

Review ebook from author Jennifer Brown

1 munch(es) :

Barrie said...

Thanks for the review!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.