-->
young adult book reviews & more

A Girl Named Digit by Annabel Monaghan

Farrah Higgins isn’t just good with numbers—in fact, her math skills are off the charts. No wonder she’s been nicknamed Digit and is going to MIT in the fall. But as much as Farrah takes pride in her math genius, sometimes she’d just rather be Farrah, the ordinary high school senior. When she transfers to a new high school, she finally has that chance—that is, until she inadvertently cracks the communication code for a terrorist group. Now Farrah is faking her own kidnapping with the help of the FBI and hiding out until they can crack the case. Farrah misses her friends and family, and especially her private bathroom, but she has to admit that having a young and very attractive FBI agent as her only companion isn’t too bad. But when things take a turn for the more dangerous, Farrah realizes that she needs to get serious, because she might be the only one who can figure out the terrorists’ next target before it’s too late.

A Girl Named Digit is a fun and enjoyable book with a perfect blend of action and romance. Though I found the plot immensely enjoyable, especially with all of the awkward the exciting situations in which Farrah finds herself, I have to say that I think I liked Farrah’s character even more. She really has such a unique voice because of the interesting way her mind works, and all her hopes, doubts, and insecurities just made me even more invested in her character and story. Even when I couldn’t exactly follow her mathematical patterns, I absolutely loved reading from Farrah’s perspective. With a story that satisfyingly delivers both in terms of mystery and romance, A Girl Named Digit is the easy choice for a quick, fun read.

A Girl Named Digit will be enjoyed by fans of the Gallagher Girl series by Ally Carter and Model Spy by Shannon Greenland.

Rating: 4.25

Review copy from personal collection

1 munch(es) :

Melissa O. said...

Ooh, this sounds like a fun read! I was a math major so I think I would enjoy that aspect of it. Great review! I've added this to my wish list :-)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.