-->
young adult book reviews & more

Up All Night by various authors

Up All Night (Seven Sunsets Seven Stories)In this anthology, six phenomenal authors answer the question “What would keep you up all night?” The authors are Peter Abrahams, Libba Bray, David Levithan, Patricia McCormick, Sarah Weeks, and Gene Luen Yang.

At first, I thought this book would contain personal stories from these authors, but I soon realized they were fictional short stories. My favorite of the six had to be Libba Bray’s short story about a group of four friends who go to a rock concert. Libba Bray, the author of the Great and Terrible Beauty series, is an amazing author. Out of the six stories, hers was the longest and most enjoyable one for me to read.

I also enjoyed the stories by David Levithan and Patricia McCormick. David’s story was a little confusing and pointless at first, but I liked the ending. Patricia’s story was just plain creepy until the ending, which was hilarious. Sarah Week’s story was the saddest. And the other two were okay, but nothing something I would remember for a long time.

I have to say I had my doubts about reading this book because I’m not usually a fan of anthologies. I would say that this book is only okay; it’s not something I would rush out to buy.

Rating: 3.5

Review copy from publisher HarperCollins

2 munch(es) :

Chelsea said...

I've been wanting to read this ever since I saw it on First Look! It sounds like really good, and is written by a lot of great authors.

Em said...

I've definitely been wanting to read this ever since I saw that Libba Bray had a story in it.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.