-->
young adult book reviews & more

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

Kissed by an Angel: Kissed by an Angel; The Power of Love; SoulmatesTrue love is hard to find and even harder to hold onto. Ivy knows this, that’s why when her boyfriend Tristan dies, she is so devastated. Her life just seems too empty with her mother’s remarriage, her eerily spacious new home, and most of all, Tristan’s absence. But what she doesn’t know since she lost her faith in angels is that Tristan is still with her—in the form of a guardian angel. They must find a way to work together, especially when sinister occurrences keep happening closer and closer to Ivy. Everyone near her is in danger as it soon becomes apparent that Tristan’s death was murder and that his killer plans to strike again. Kissed by an Angel, an exciting trilogy of romance and mystery, tells the story of a love so powerful it spans the boundary even between life and death.

Without a doubt, Kissed by an Angel has one of the most romantic tales and best structured mysteries that I’ve ever read. Ivy and Tristan’s love for each other is so strong and sweet that it made me cry after Tristan’s death because they couldn’t be together as they once were. I did find it a little strange how fast and hard they fell for each other, but it did make the story more romantic. The plotline is very complicated due to varying love interest and other secret character connections, yet it is still pretty easy to follow and understand at most times. I definitely appreciated the unpredictability of most of the plot as well. Some of the characters I felt could’ve been better developed except for the most important to the story, Ivy, Tristan, and Gregory, who were all characterized well. I really liked Chandler’s explanation for angels and their abilities because it added a creative and supernatural flair to the story. Readers will have a difficult time setting Kissed by an Angel down because of the suspense and its powerful message of love outweighing all.

Fans of romance novels and mysteries involving life after death will love Kissed by an Angel, especially those who enjoyed Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn, Far From You by Lisa Schroeder, Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, and Jo-Jo and the Fiendish Lot by Andrew Auseon.

Rating: 4.25

Review copy from Amazon Vine

32 munch(es) :

Lindsay said...

This sounds like quite the tearjerker. Thanks for the recommendation!

lindsay || newyorkwords.net

Unknown said...

Aw, I love love stories, even ones like these that make you cry! I must check it out!

P.s. This is part of a trilogy, you say?

Lisa Schroeder said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of this book. I'll have to check it out!

stargirlreads said...

hahahahaha I had never heard about this until just last night and now I find a review?! Thats ironic

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I found this one at Target and can't wait to read it!

Ashley said...

I saw this at Target and almost got it for my bestie's birthday, but I didn't. Wish I did!

Amy said...

looks interesting...
-amy

Korianne said...

I keep seeing this book at Borders (I have been there 3 times this week) and was wondering how it was. Glad to see you give it a good review.

Steph C D said...

i read the whole thing in a single day,i could not put it down!
i was practically crying at the end

Anonymous said...

I love this book I have not got to finish it because my book was burned in a house fire but I was almost done. I inspire everyone who loves romance to read it.

Tylor Putman

Anonymous said...

I read some of it but didnt finish it and when I start something i always finish it ! && I started to fall in love with him ! This book is something you will remember just like the TWILIGHT SERIES !!!! IT WAS AMAZING !!!!!!! yours truly , let`s just call me Ms.Mistery

Anonymous said...

My friends all say Im crazy and so gay for reading book and falling for the ppl in them but when they got the best personalities EVER how could you not ??? yours truly , lets just call me Ms.Mistery

Anonymous said...

Sexylicious = mee & Kissed By An Angel the novel !! PS . Ms.Mistery here <3 iiloovvveethhhiisssssboookkk

Anonymous said...

wow this book was amazing! i saw it at target and randomly decided to buy it. man, did i cry when i finished it!!! for anyone unsure whether to buy it or not, i would definately advise that you buy it and read it, then pass it along to everyone.

Anonymous said...

It was amazing, I just finished it. It took me exactly half a day to finish it completly, and let me tell you i cried twice. The book is such a tear jerker you cant help but feel the tears trickle down your cheecks.. I did find it a little interesting just because of Gregory...(jerk-wad) I cried most when Ivy found her cat... I was sitting beside my cat and stated ballin' i could never live with my Trina.<3 lol.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I made errors..lol I ment to say I could never live without my Trina. and cheeks.. lol

Anonymous said...

just bought the book cant waint to read it hope its as good as you guys say it is..=)

Anonymous said...

ti=his book is so good i love it its one of the best i have read i love its way better then the twlight books

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! i saw dis book at target, and i read the back, and i wanted 2 get it. well i did and i tell u this book is amazing!!! its my most fav book. and i cried wen Tristan died, but also wen he had 2 say his final goodbye 2 ivy. i fell in love with it, and i got attached 2 it, dat i didnt want 2 finish it.
But u should totally read it, and u wont regret it..

Anonymous said...

im in the middle of reading it (in the last story) and so far.. it is such a great book. i love romance novels, and this has deffinently reached my standards!!!!! my friends all think it looks wierd, but they truly dont know what they are missing out on...
i love Tristan!!

Anonymous said...

This book changed my life. :')
I still cry over it whenever I think about it.
It's fabulous.

Anonymous said...

OMG best book ever!!! i wish it never ended for some reason i hate when a bokk ends and doesnt have a next book in the sries because i want to know WATZ NEXT!!!!I CRIED AND LAUGHED THREW THIS BOKK .... IT IS A TOUCHING STORY.... READ IT!

Anonymous said...

i had read this book for a book report a few weeks ago. i loved it!! and my mom hates it when im really into a long novel because i never put the book down until im finished have to eat or sleep!!! just like when i started reading Twilight i finished all 4 books in 1 week!!! thats over 2000 pages for crying out loud!!!!

Unknown said...

im still reading this book , im like in the middle and i am just outraged . this book is suprisingly breathtaking :D ! i mean im only 12 and i dont read much so i never thought id read a book as long as this ! it interests me so much . im sure once i finish this book ill have tears running down my face . its amazing (:

Anonymous said...

Best book i have ever read

Anonymous said...

my girlfriend loooooooves these books and i just found out about them she wanted the last one for christmas but was to sweet to ask for it ......im going to buy it for her since we have a strong passionate relationship like tristan and ivy she deserves it she is the best for me its the least i can do since i love her so much

Anonymous said...

One of the best I've ever read. Recomended to all! I absolutely loved it! You'll get hooked sooo bad that you won't be able to stop!!
It's great book!!!

Anonymous said...

I've read some of it!!! Very good made me cry

Unknown said...

yes this one took me about 14 caffeine-induced hours to read, crying for about 2 of them. very emotional story, but verrrry good i loved it :)

Anonymous said...

This book is so goooooood!i read it in exactly 1 1/2hours and I'm only 10!

Anonymous said...

this book is really a great story! i love the mysterys between Gregory [absolute meany =P] and Ivy... & TRISTAN!!! he sounds wickedly fun! .. Now Eric is freaky... im in the middle of Soulmates [3RD PART] & I'm thinkin Eric mightve killed Caroline... okay now I'm babbling but SERIOUSLY I <3 dis book! -- it's still not as good as twilight...

Anonymous said...

I have read the book at least 20 times and have bought 3 copies of the book, due to reading each copy so much they all fell apart. I have finally purchased the book on my Ipad and currently reading it for the 21st time :) I love this book.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.