-->
young adult book reviews & more

Airhead by Meg Cabot

Em Watts is not herself. Literally.

She never wanted to go to the grand opening of the new Stark Megastore store. That was her sister Frida’s idea. But that day changed her life. In an attempt to save her sister Frida from certain harm, Em tries to push Frida out of the way, getting crushed by a falling television screen in the process.

When Em wakes up in the hospital, she has no idea what happened. She can only recall bits of what happened that day, such as a certain gorgeous British singer and songwriter, Gabriel Luna, who sneaks into the hospital to give her flowers. But that’s not the only strange thing that happens. Her voice sounds funny, and soon her supposed best friend and celebutante Lulu Collins and her supposed boyfriend Brandon Stark kidnap her from the hospital and take her back to her supposed penthouse apartment. And Em has no idea why she’s being whisked off by famous people that’s she’s only heard of from skimming her sister Frida’s magazines. Until, of course, she finds out that she’s stuck in supermodel Nikki Howard’s body.

Airhead could possibly be Meg Cabot’s best novel yet. I have to admit that I have never been a completely devoted fan of Meg Cabot’s works (with the exception of Avalon High), but Airhead was quick to become one of my favorites. Cabot proves herself to be a versatile and extremely ingenious writer. I do not understand where these crazy ideas come from, but I’m glad they do, because Airhead was simply an amazing book.

I don’t want to give away anything too crucial to the plot, so I’ll only say that Meg Cabot does an amazing job of combining the modeling world with that of advanced science. It is very amusing to watch Em’s character as she navigates in and adjusts to her new life. Em is laugh-out-loud funny, and at the same time, she comes off as very intelligent. I really cannot find any faults with this novel. It has both hilarious and meaningful moments, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel.

I recommend this novel first to all Meg Cabot fans; you will not be disappointed! And even if you don’t usually like Meg Cabot’s other novels, you’ll be sure to enjoy Airhead, because it is an incredible read that left me wanting more. I highly suggest you run out immediately to buy this book before it gets sold out, and I know I certainly can’t wait for the continuation of this awesome series.

Rating: 4.75

Review copy from author Meg Cabot

6 munch(es) :

Erin said...

I can't wait to read it!It sonds amazing.

Jessica Burkhart said...

It sounds so good! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved this book! It was simply amazing- look for my review of it soon!

Dominique said...

I loved this book!! Can't wait for the sequel!! :D

shraiya said...

dat book is one of the best works of meg cabot

Anonymous said...

DONT GIVE IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT RUINS THE BOOK FOR SOMEONE WHO HASNT READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.