-->
young adult book reviews & more

Over You by Nicola Kraus & Emma McLaughlin

Seventeen-year-old Max Scott is a girl with a plan. Ever since her boyfriend dumped her and basically destroyed the world as she knew it, Max has decided that she won’t stand for it—any of it. She is sick and tired of feeling terrible for no fault of her own, so she develops a foolproof way to get over heartbreak, speeding up a natural process that normally takes months or years to a mere few weeks. With strong and steady business from heartbroken teen girls, Max is more than ready to take her plan to the next level by getting into NYU. But then her ex shows up—and everything starts to fall apart. With her business, her future, and her friends at risk, Max is going to have to take her own advice and get over him once and for all.

Over You is a charming, funny, and sweet look at relationships, specifically their beginnings and ends. I was almost instantly won over by Max’s no nonsense voice and her determination to help other girls who’ve been dumped get over those past relationships. I especially enjoyed getting to see Max’s procedure for overcoming heartbreak, which was frankly the greatest source of my amusement and enjoyment of this book. Unfortunately, though, the third person narration and the occasional glimpses into other characters’ perspectives made it a little hard to completely get into Max’s story. While it is certainly a sweet and ultimately emotionally satisfying one, I can’t say that I was ever truly invested in its outcome. Despite that, I wholeheartedly enjoyed reading this book and appreciate its story for its charm and humor.

Over You is sure to be enjoyed by fans of The ABCs of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro, The Espressologist by Kristina Springer, and Love? Maybe. by Heather Hepler.

Rating: 3.75

Review copy borrowed

1 munch(es) :

Steve Jones said...

My Name is Steve Jones from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.