-->
young adult book reviews & more

In the Serpent’s Coils by Tiffany Trent

In the Serpent's Coils (Hallowmere)In the Serpent’s Coils is a wonderful new fantasy book that I read just a little while ago. It is filled with disaster, secret love letters, confusion, secret meetings, and the mysterious Fey.

At the beginning of the story, Corrine is sent to live with her uncle. There, she finds out that her mother is dead, and she has her first encounter with the people under the hawthorn bush. It seems like the hawthorn people are helping her, by curing her of her illness, but something isn’t quite right.

By helping the hawthorn people, Corrine is sent away, although she isn’t quite sure why. Throughout the book, there are a lot of secrets held by the adults, which often lead to trouble. There is more trouble in the form of a boy names Rory. Soon, Corrine doesn’t know who to trust. This leads to even more disaster.

I found this book interesting and easy to read. It was also very educational because it takes place right after the civil war came to a close. The mystery and secrets involved held me intrigued until the end of the story. I can’t wait for the sequel, By Venom’s Sweet Sting, to be published. I would recommend this to any fantasy readers who haven’t found any new and good fantasy books to read, because this is a fantastic choice.

Rating: 4.0

Review copy from personal collection

1 munch(es) :

Chelsea said...

Oh, I'm so glad you liked this! I rented the first one from the library because I have an ARC of the second one to review. I'm looking forward to reading them!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.