-->
young adult book reviews & more

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott

Stealing HeavenDanielle has been stealing things for as long as she can remember. She travels from town to town with her mother, robbing the rich of their valuable silver. That’s how she ends up in Heaven, a beautiful beach town where many rich people vacation. But there’s something different about this city. Danielle can’t seem to keep a low profile. She becomes friendly with a talkative girl named Allison and starts falling for a cute guy named Greg.

But the job isn’t as easy as all the other jobs Danielle has done. She has to steal silver from the Donaldson’s, but that would mean stealing from Allison, the first person Danielle has ever called a friend. And Greg turns out to be a cop. Danielle is torn between her loyalty for her mother and her yearning for a normal life.

Stealing Heaven was an amazingly well-written novel. I got the sense that I really got to know all the main characters, and I felt a connection to Danielle, even though Thievery is not my life. But there is some much more to Dani than just being a thief. She is clever, careful, and above all things loyal. She often sacrifices for her mom, and although her loyalty to her mother sometimes gets in the way, I loved how at the end, Dani finally gets what she wants.

I loved how the ending was neatly wrapped up and made me feel hopeful. I also like how most elements of this book can be applied to anyone who feels out of the ordinary sometimes. I can honestly say that I fell in love with this book. I definitely look forward to reading more of Elizabeth Scott’s novels, and I highly recommend you pre-order Stealing Heaven now or buy it when it’s published at the end of May.

Rating: 4.5

Review copy from author Elizabeth Scott

9 munch(es) :

Steph said...

Dying to get my hands on this book. Great review :)

Liv said...

This book sounds so cool. I loved Elizabeth Scott's book, Bloom and I'm reading Perfect You soon, so I'm definitely excited to read this book. Great review!

Amee said...

I loved Stealing Heaven as well. It's definitely made me an Elizabeth Scott fan!

You can check out my review of Stealing Heaven on my blog, posted a couple weeks ago. :)

http://theravenousreaderreviews.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I loved this book, too! It made me read other Elizabeth Scott books, and I liked both of the others that I have read. I can't wait until her next book comes out in September. :D

hope.

Leanna said...

I can't wait to read this book! I just read Perfect You, so I was looking forward to reading other things by the author. Thanks so much for the review!

Anonymous said...

I really want to read this book. Great review!!

Em said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to read it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I just got an ARC of this. Looking forward to reading it. I love Elizabeth Scott. Bloom was one of my favorite books of '07!

-Mollie

Anonymous said...

She's fantastic, an excellent pick for fans of Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti -- I read both Perfect You and Bloom very recently, and I'm very much looking forward to reading my ARC of this one!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.