-->
young adult book reviews & more

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

LingerNow that Grace and Sam have finally found each other, they never want to be apart. But life has a way of working against them. Grace’s parents only see Grace and Sam’s relationship as a temporary fling, so Grace finds herself lying more and more to be with Sam. It might’ve been okay if the secrets and lies didn’t start piling up from there. A terrifying realization makes Grace lie to Sam, and past fears cause Sam to bury his secrets too. In the midst of all this, the new additions to the wolf pack only add stress to the already complicated situation. Everyone is fighting an uphill battle—for love, humanity, and life—but how can they win when all the odds are stacked against them?

Before reading Linger, I didn’t really care if there was a sequel to Shiver, but now that I have, I’m undoubtedly glad I did. It’s difficult to say anything about this novel’s plot without revealing too much because nearly all the details turn out to be significant to the very surprising ending. I have to say that I’m completely impressed with this story; it’s quite fantastic how Stiefvater was able to extend the already unique story in Shiver into an even more original, exciting, and complex one in Linger. Stiefvater adds a new layer of complications to the mystery of the wolf pack, allowing this story to be all the more interesting, both because of these new complications and for the numerous twists and turns it encourages. This second installment in the Shiver trilogy is without a doubt a satisfying read.

Fans of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater will not want to miss its exciting sequel, nor will those who enjoyed Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, the A Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy by Libba Bray, and the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz. I cannot wait for the conclusion to this awesome trilogy.

Rating: 4.5

Review copy from publisher Scholastic

3 munch(es) :

My Life With Books - Jennifer K Jovus said...

agree. ;D

Anonymous said...

Meh. So-so book for me. It wasn't bad, but so slow. That series just rubs me the wrong way, even though I want to like it. It's been a week now since Linger, and it's magic (was little to begin with) has already worn off and headed in the opposite direction. Usually I gauge a book by how long I am enthralled with the characters and world in the book after I've read it.

Ariel Skye said...

Yeah...I wasn't too impressed with Shiver myself, and haven't bothered to pick up Linger yet. But I may give it a try, thanks to your review. Something about the first book just didn't mesh with me. But maybe it'll pick up here. Thanks for the review! :)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.