-->
young adult book reviews & more

What I Wore to Save the World by Maryrose Wood

What I Wore to Save the WorldSummer’s starting, and senior year’s approaching fast—too fast for Morgan’s comfort. Her parents are breathing down her neck to get started on her college and career decisions. The problem is, Morgan has no idea what she wants for the rest of her life, aside from the fact she’d rather it include Irish hottie Colin. When a mysterious message and strange circumstances reunite the two, Morgan is absolutely thrilled—until she finds out that faeries have been messing with Colin again. This problem gives rise to even more: Colin isn’t the only human the faeries have been messing around with because the veil between the two worlds is slipping, it’s Morgan’s job to fix this problem, and Colin’s rejection of Irish mythology is making is really difficult for Morgan to either enjoy her time with Colin or get a head start on the saving the world part. As the world as Morgan knows it threatens to fall apart, this half-goddess will have to find within her the strength to do the right thing because her relationship with Colin, not to mention the fate of the whole world, depend on it.

What I Wore to Save the World is yet another addicting mythical adventure to follow up Morgan’s previous episodes in Why I Let My Hair Grow Out and How I Found the Perfect Dress. The creative and pretty amazing cover art is just a precursor to the unique and fantastical tale that immediately follows. Even though readers have already been introduced to the faery realm in this novel’s prequels, the plot in this story remains original with the addition of several quirky and mysterious characters. Morgan’s attitude is just as sarcastic and undoubtedly hilarious as ever, which makes reading about her adventures all the more interesting and fun. Seriously, I don’t think there’s one dull moment in this novel with its abundance of humor, interesting characters and places, and, of course, mythical obstacles to overcome. In addition to all this mischief, though, I appreciated how there was also an emphasis on Morgan and Colin’s relationship and how the existence of that perky faery world was such an impediment to them. Although the outcome of this story, regarding Morgan’s quest to save the world and her relationship with Colin, is pretty predictable, it doesn’t make reading it any less fun and enjoyable.

Fan of Why I Let My Hair Grow Out and How I Found the Perfect Dress, both by Maryrose Wood, will not want to miss this fantastic novel. I suspect What I Wore to Save the World will be the final installment of Morgan’s mythical adventures, unless there’s some astonishing surprise in store, but I look forward to reading more from Wood.

Rating: 4.25

Review copy from publisher Berkley JAM

2 munch(es) :

Liviania said...

I'm sad that it looks like this will be the last one. I really enjoyed this series.

Heather Zundel said...

Okay, if the title isn't enough to grab you the story certainly seems interesting enough. :)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.