-->
young adult book reviews & more

All good things must come to an end

To my most esteemed readers:

It's been an amazing six long years, but I think the time has come.

As most of you have undoubtedly noticed, The Book Muncher has been updated very sporadically over the last few months. I've still been reading (can we talk about E. Lockhart's upcoming book We Were Liars?!), because deep down, I am a reader and will always be one. But I just haven't had the time or energy to dedicate to this blog like I used to. I haven't been attending as many book signings, and I haven't been seeking out as many new or unreleased books. As a college graduate living in New York City without a steady source of income, I unfortunately had to deal with some bigger details than what to include in a blog post.

But books will always be a big part of my life. I joined a book club. I interviewed for a ton of publishing jobs until finally I got one that was right for me. Starting today, I will be working in the Reading Clubs division of Scholastic. I couldn't be more excited. Scholastic is an amazing company, and I'm thrilled to be working there.

Getting this job has opened up a new chapter (pun intended) in my life, but with this new opportunity, some things must come to an end. Some things like this poor little blog. I've loved the experience and I appreciate each and every one of you who's ever taken the time to read one girl's bookish opinions, but the time has come to move on. This is my last blog post here. But if you'd like to stay in touch, you can find me on Twitter at @rachaeljstein, where I will hopefully be a little more present than I've been here.

Thanks again to all of you, and happy reading!

Signing off,
Rachael Stein
The Book Muncher

6 munch(es) :

Liviania said...

Enjoy your new job! I'll miss your blog, but I understand moving on.

Lina said...

Congratulations on the new job! I will miss TBM, but I'm happy for you!

jonyangorg said...

Whee, congrats! Sad to see you not blogging but you know, jobs = money. So they tell me!

holdenj said...

Congrats on the Scholastic job!! I will miss stopping by but am excited for you with this new part of life. Maybe I will have to check out twitter and hope to glean a few more good book recommendations!

Rachael Stein said...

Thanks, all!

Justin Elvins said...

Congrats and thanks so much for the great years of this wonderful blog. All your fans will miss you. Good luck. Underrated Books

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.