-->
young adult book reviews & more

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

This LullabyRemy doesn’t believe in love. After all, if your mom has divorced and remarried about five times, how could she? And why does her mom suddenly think this new guy is “the one?” Remy’s got all her relationship rules all laid out. After she gets too close to a guy, she dumps him.

But then she meets Dexter, and something about him is different. He just won’t let her push him away, and soon a real relationship develops between them. Of course, there are always the complications: Remy is only looking for a summer relationship before heading off to college, Dexter isn’t.

This Lullaby follows Remy through her ups and downs in her relationships with her friends, her mom, Dexter, and the song her dead father wrote. Remy’s struggles are very realistic and easy to follow. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, like I enjoyed Sarah Dessen’s other books, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of Lock and Key, another novel by Sarah Dessen. I would highly recommend this book and Sarah Dessen’s other books to everyone, especially fans of Dab Caletti.

Rating: 4.5

Review copy from personal collection

7 munch(es) :

the story siren said...

I loved this book! it is one of my favorite books by Sarah Dessen. i can't wait to read lock and key either!!

Em said...

Sarah Dessen is so great - I haven't read a book of hers that I didn't like! :)

Anonymous said...

i have only read Just Listen by Sarah Dessen but that one book just took me and i rolled with it...even though it was mature i still got it and im only in the 7th grade.. an 8th grade couldnt grasp the creativity of this great piece of art...KEPP ON GOING DESSEN

alisonwonderland said...

i definitely have got to read some Dessen soon! my 17yo daughter has read several but i've not made the time yet.

Anonymous said...

I have read every book written by both Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti; they r all great.

This book is one of my favorites, as is The Truth About Forever and Nature of Jade

Anonymous said...

i can't keep reading it, it's so boring.

UK said...

Lock and Key is a poignant look into the drama laden world of a seventeen year old girl who thinks she needs no one. And along the way ends up learning that everyone needs someone. To me it wasn't a five star book, it had some flaws. The biggest one for me was at the ending, the question of Nate and Ruby's relationship, but it was great none-the-less. After reading it I find myself optimistic about life.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.