-->
young adult book reviews & more

Triple Shot Bettys in Love by Jody Gehrman

Triple Shot Bettys in LoveThe Bettys return in this fun-filled sequel to Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty. This story resumes not long after its prequel leaves off. It’s been five amazing months since Geena realized her feelings for Ben. Things couldn’t be better for them until a glamorous girl from Ben’s past shows up, threatening their relationship and Geena’s self-confidence. And even though Amber swore off boys after her last relationship ended disastrously, she can’t help but be smitten by Geen’a incredibly hot and intellectual English teacher. In this hilarious and heartwarming continuation of the Bettys’ tale, Geena and Amber stumble their way relationships to finally find true love.

Fans of Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty will not be disappointed in its very funny and similarly well-written sequel. Gehrman is a master at telling realistic stories most teens can relate to with a perfect mix of humor and depth. Geena and Amber are so easy to relate to because they’re so genuine and every girl in the world has probably experienced boy troubles and insecurity before at least once. I truly love how Gehrman can take everyday teen problems and make them something to worry and laugh about and eventually learn from in a truly enjoyable tale. My one major source of disappointment was the absence of the third Betty, Hero, except for a short appearance and a few emails. Also, I was a little sad the Bettys didn’t exercise the slightly vengeful nature I saw in Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty against the people who deserved it the most, but it did show the Bettys’ growth in maturity. Despite the presence of only two-thirds of my favorite Betty trio, Triple Shot Bettys in Love was a cute and lovable tale I immensely enjoyed.

Any and every teen girl will enjoy the Bettys stories in both Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty and Triple Shot Bettys in Love, especially the ones who like stories peppered with laughs and coffee shots. Unfortunately, Betty fans will have to wait until after the New Year to acquire this new Betty tale; but never fear: it is worth the wait!

Rating: 4.25

Review copy from author Jody Gehrman

6 munch(es) :

Lenore Appelhans said...

Looking SO forward to this one. Confessions was one of my favorite reads this year.

Emily said...

I want to read Confessions so much! love your blog!

Em said...

Loved the first one and now I'm really excited about this one...I didn't even know there was a sequel. Thanks for posting this! :)

Anonymous said...

Great review- I have this book in my TBR pile. Can't wait to get to it! :)

Ms. Yingling said...

I've requested the first book from various libraries, and no one has it. It looks like so much fun. I may have to order them both for my library so I can read them!

sweeeeet said...

I really want to start this series! The book sounds really interesting! I am such a sucker for teen love stories. ;)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.