-->
young adult book reviews & more

Quick Snacks: Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe


Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts over “breathers.” Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody…and Cass loves dirt. She’s on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass’s whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim’s life, she’s surprised to realize he’s not so bad—and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it’s time to give the living another chance…

I wanted to read this book when I first heard about it almost three years ago, and I even featured it on one of my other sporadic features as Munch-Worthy. From that moment, fast forward about two years: I picked up Give Up the Ghost while interning at Macmillan, read it, and then gave it pretty much no other thought. Why? While I certainly enjoyed reading the story, it didn't leave any sort of impression on me at all. Am I bothered by the fact that I can barely recall actually reading this book (though I am absolutely sure that I did)? Not really. Because Megan Crewe's next book, The Way We Fall, was just too spectacular to let me think anything ill of my Give Up the Ghost reading experience.

Rating: 3.5

Review copy from publisher Macmillan

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.