-->
young adult book reviews & more

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

Something, MaybeHannah is invisible, and she likes it that way. She made herself like that on purpose because everybody knows, it seems, who her parents are. Ordinarily, this might not be such a bad thing, but because her father is Jackson James, an older used-to-be-celebrity famous for partying with his scantily clad and much younger girlfriends, and her mother is Candy Madison, a has-been known for being clothed in naught but a pizza box in a commercial, attention is not something Hannah wants or needs. All Hannah wants to do is get her super cute crush Josh to notice her, but that’s much easier said than done. And with family drama and the attention of annoying Finn, it’s going to take some time for Hannah to realie who really cares about her.

Scott is by far one of my favorite teen romance authors because of the skill and passion shown by her writing, and Something, Maybe is definitely up to par. I love how Scott places her protagonists in such unique situations that make her stories so moving, emotional, and memorable. Hannah is a realistically drawn character, but even if I can’t empathize with her life story as I’m sure most readers won’t be able to, I can definitely related to her fear of taking risks and desire for something real she can count on. I was rooting the whole way for Hannah to sort out her life and find some happiness. I did feel that Hannah’s friendship with Teagan was a little haphazardly thrown in there, but everything else is almost perfectly placed. Both predictable and surprising, Something, Maybe is a sweet romance that will evoke emotional response as well as happy sighs from all readers.

Fans of Scott’s writing, especially in Bloom and Stealing Heaven, will not want to miss her latest in Something, Maybe. Readers who enjoyed When It Happens by Susane Colasanti or anything by Sarah Dessen will also like this romantic novel.

Rating: 4.5

Review copy from publisher Simon & Schuster

12 munch(es) :

Leigh Purtill said...

Isn't it amazing when an author who writes something like LIVING DEAD GIRL can turn around and publish a romance? Nice review!

Anonymous said...

Great review! I will have to pick this one up!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I agree with Leigh. Elizabeth definitely writes about varying topics. That's so cool though.

This one sounds good though. Nice review. I'm thinking of getting this soon.

-Lauren

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I'm really looking foward to reading this one!

Diana Dang said...

I have yet to still read her book!

Keri Mikulski said...

On my list. Love Scott. :) Thanks for the review. :)

Lisa Schroeder said...

I need to blog about this book tomorrow, on its official release day! I really liked it too. And now, whenever I order in a fast food drive through, I think of Hannah, Josh and Finn. :)

juiciliciousss reviews said...

gave you an award!

Priya said...

I still have to read this--I've seen so many awesome reviews for it!

Bookworm said...

Oooh...you make me want this one even more! I'll definitely be ordering it off Amazon ASAP....Elizabeth Scott IS fabulous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather Zundel said...

I've been wanting to read her stuff for a while. Ever since I saw Stealing Heaven. This may just nudge me back to the bookstore today. Thanks Muncher!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.