-->
young adult book reviews & more

Night Road by A.M. Jenkins

Night RoadCole leads a lonely existence. It’s not enough that he’s unlike other humans, or omnivores; he’s a hemovore, someone who feeds exclusively on blood. Sunlight is to be avoided at all costs, but Cole even goes so far as to avoid other humans unless he needs to feed. He’s a traveler, so he never stays in one place for long, and he prefers to be alone, away even from other hemovores like him.

However, when an old friend Johnny, the leader of the Colony of hemovores, requests Cole’s presence in Manhattan, Cole obliges. He doesn’t know why he’s being summoned yet he goes all the same. It turns out that there’s a newly created heme who needs to be trained and protected, and Johnny things Cole it the best man for the job. But training Gordon is more difficult than Cole expects even with the help of a fellow heme traveler Sandor. Gordon doesn’t seem to want to accept that he’s not a normal human anymore, making him a potential threat to the secrecy and safety of the Colony. Cole understands that should Gordon commit too large of a mistake he’ll have to dispose of the new heme, but he also refuses to think he could let that happen. This is a journey that will change both of them—for better or worse.

Read the rest of my review at Young Adult Enchanting Reviews.

Rating: 4.0

Review copy from publisher HarperCollins through YA Enchanting Reviews

16 munch(es) :

sweetmelissa818 said...

Sounds fun!

asdfjkl; said...

I really love the cover. The word "dispose" sounds so morbid, yet intriguing because it clearly shows a heavy air in the novel. I have to say I'm now interested in this book just by the description.

Amanda said...

This sounds really good. I like the cover!

Shalonda said...

Don't think this is my kind of book. It sounds a little creepy, but man that cover is awesome!

Liviania said...

I like vampires, so I'm interested in Jenkins' twist even though I found REPOSSESSED a little disappointing.

Brooke Reviews said...

Sounds like an interesting twist. :D

katayoun said...

i've heard very good things about repossessed, though i am not really a vampire fan person

donnas said...

Great cover and it sounds like a good read.

Mandy said...

I'm in YA_enchantingreviews as well. :)
This book sounds really, really good. I've never heard of it before, but I'm adding it straight to my list. Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great book, I love vampires!
lizzieland@optonline.net

Korianne said...

this doesn't sound like one I would enjoy, but I love the cover! Maybe I should give it a chance though, because I didn't think I would like Twilight because of the vampire factor and I ended up liking it.

Anonymous said...

I also like the cover! And believe it or not, I'm not quite burned out on vampires yet. (Despite how much crap I'm giving Vampire Academy over on my blog.)

Anonymous said...

This looks like a creepy read.

Anonymous said...

I don't really think I would like reading this but good review! Gave me a great idea on what the book was about.

Michelle Kuo said...

This book sounds REALLY intriguing to me, but from your review it seems like there isn't much action in it, which was kind of what I was hoping for in a book about this kind of subject.

Paradox said...

I want to read this book! It's got vampires in it, and for once it's not a romance, but more of a dark story.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.