-->
young adult book reviews & more

I've Been Memed!

Which book do you irrationally cringe away from reading, despite seeing only positive reviews? Honestly?
I am not quite sure…I usually like all the books I pick to read, and I don’t really look at the reviews. But they would have to be books by Diana Wynne Jones. I started reading Howl’s Moving Castle and couldn’t finish it. And even though people recommend her other books to me, I don’t want to read them.

If you could bring three characters to life for a social event (afternoon tea, a night of clubbing, perhaps a world cruise), who would they be and what would the event be?
Those three characters would probably be Edward Cullen, Alice Cullen, and Gemma Doyle. I would take them on an indefinitely long cruise around the world, because I love traveling, and because I want to be with these characters, especially Edward, for a very long time.

(Borrowing shamelessly from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde): you are told you can’t die until you read the most boring novel on the planet. While this immortality is great for awhile, eventually you realize it’s past time to die. Which book would you expect to get you a nice grave?
Some kind of old and really long book. I don’t have any good examples, but that would suffice.

Come on, we’ve all been there. Which book have you pretended, or at least hinted, that you’ve read, when in fact you’ve been nowhere near it?
Uh…I don’t know. Wait a sec, I do. It was The Kite Runner, because I didn’t want to read it for my book club, so I looked on Spark Notes instead.

As an addition to the last question, has there been a book that you really thought you had read, only to realise when you read a review about it/go to ‘reread’ it that you haven’t? Which book?
Uh, no, but I have forgotten that I read a book and then went back and reread it only to find that I remembered reading it the first time.

You’re interviewing for the post of Official Book Advisor to some VIP (who’s not a big reader). What’s the first book you’d recommend and why? (If you feel like you’d have to know the person, go ahead and personalize the VIP.)
There are too many books to recommend, but first and foremost would be the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. It’s a vampire romance story. There so much suspense packed into these books, and I guarantee that once you pick it up, you won’t be able to put it back down. The story is amazing, and if you are a girl, then you’ll be sure to wish Edward was proposing to you.

A good fairy comes and grants you one wish: you will have perfect reading comprehension in the foreign language of your choice. Which language do you go with?
Probably Italian. I don’t know why. I could’ve chosen Spanish or French, but oh well. I like Italian, and I am sure there are tons of amazing (but old) books that are in Italian…like The Inferno. Or maybe not.

A mischievious fairy comes and says that you must choose one book that you will reread once a year for the rest of your life (you can read other books as well). Which book would you pick?
I think I would go against Twilight here, because I have already practically memorized the story. I would reread The Sweet Far Thing because I loved that book (even though it was so tragic).

I know that the book blogging community, and its various challenges, have pushed my reading borders. What’s one bookish thing you ‘discovered’ from book blogging (maybe a new genre, or author, or new appreciation for cover art—anything)?
Probably a bunch of new authors. Like Jennifer Brown and D.M. Cornish, to name a couple. If some of these people (or reviewing companies) didn’t ask me to review their book, I would never have read them before.

That good fairy is back for one final visit. Now, she’s granting you your dream library! Describe it. Is everything leatherbound? Is it full of first edition hardcovers? Pristine trade paperbacks? Perhaps a few favourite authors have inscribed their works? Go ahead—let your imagination run free.
My perfect library would have every single book that I have ever read that I loved. I really don’t care what the binding is, as long as they are all in pristine condition. And if they’re all signed, that wouldn’t hurt either.

I was memed by Reader Rabbit. I am going to meme Cassidy over at Reading is for Lovers. Actually, I though I posted this earlier, but I guess I didn't.

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.