-->
young adult book reviews & more

40000 Hits Contest

CONTEST CLOSED

(Originally, this contest was going to celebrate 25000, and then 30000 hits, but since I hit a new marker, I might as well celebrate that!)

In celebration of The Book Muncher getting over 40000 (!) hits, I’ve declared a national holiday decided to hold another contest.

The prizes are among some of my favorite books and can (hopefully) be enjoyed by anyone. Without further ado, they are:

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Maureen Johnson) PB
Bloom (Elizabeth Scott) PB
Boy Toy (Barry Lyga) HC
Chasing Windmills (Catherine Ryan Hyde) HC
Cruel Summer
(Alyson Noël) PB
How to Be Bad
(E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle) HC
Identical
(Ellen Hopkins) HC
Jo-Jo and the Fiendish Lot
(Andrew Auseon) ARC
Night Road
(A.M. Jenkins) HC
Play Me
(Laura Ruby) HC
Two-Way Street
(Lauren Barnholdt) PB

The books will be awarded as follows:

(1) Grand Prize winner gets (3) of the above books of their choice
(2) First Place winners get (2) of the above books of their choice
(3) Second Place winners gets (1) of the above books of their choice

Entries:

1. Filling out this survey will get you 5 entries.

Name/Alias:

Age: (if you’re uncomfortable with telling your age then leave blank)

Email:

URL: (if applicable)

1. How did you find out about The Book Muncher and this contest?

2. How often to you visit The Book Muncher per month? (if unsure, guesstimate)

3. Overall, how would you rate The Book Muncher on a scale of 1 to 10? (10 is the highest)

4. What do you like about this site? What are The Book Muncher’s strongest features?

5. What don’t you like about this site? What are The Book Muncher’s weakest features?

6. What do you like and dislike about my reviews?

7. On a scale of 1 to 10, how helpful do you find The Book Muncher when choosing books to read? (10 is the highest)

8. What do you like and dislike about Random Author Days (RAD)?

9. Do you comment on my reviews and other posts? Why or why not?

10. What can I do to improve The Book Muncher?

11. How often to you visit The Book Muncher’s Contest List per month? (if unsure, guesstimate) (if answer is 0, skip next two questions)

12. On a scale of 1 to 10, how helpful do you find The Book Muncher’s Contest List? (10 is the highest)

13. What do you like and dislike about The Book Muncher’s Contest List? What can I do to improve it?

14. Any other comments or suggestions? (Here is where you tell me of extra entries earned from #3 and #5 below)

Email your answers to away.munching.books@gmail.com with the subject “25000 Hits Contest.” Please answer honestly! Flattery will not get extra entries (although it is nice to hear). You must fill out this survey to be entered into this contest. If you do not, anything extra you do will be null and void. (I know I’m mean, but I want feedback!). Also, please list your top three choices of books.

2. Comment on my reviews* of the prize books. The titles link to the review. You can comment as many times as you like but you will only receive 1 entry for comments per review, for a total of 11 entries. Make sure to comment using the name/alias or email you used in the survey or I will not be able to credit your entries.

*If you have already commented on these reviews before this date (1/05/09), you will get 2 entries per review commented on.

3. Post a link. Links may be posted on blogs, websites, MySpace*, or other sites as long as you can provide a working link. Each link will earn you 1 entry each. Make sure to post each link under #14 in the survey above.

*If you choose to post a bulletin on MySpace, you must add me as a friend so I can see your bulletin of I will not credit your entry.

4. Favorite me on Technorati* and get 1 entry. Remember to tell me you did so in #14 in the survey.
*If you’ve already favorited my blog (as of 1/05/09), I will give you 2 entries.

5. Follow my blog* and get 1 entry. Remember to tell me you did so in #14 in the survey.

*If you’ve already favorited my blog (as of 1/05/09), I will give you 2 entries.

Well, I hope that’s not too confusing, and if it is, don’t hesitate to ask any questions! That’s all for now folks. This contest will run until 2/10/09 and the winners will be announced and contacted sometime in the week after. Sorry, but US entrants only, although international feedback is always welcome. (I wish I could hold an international contest, but since I'm footing the shipping bill, I can't).

16 munch(es) :

sweetmelissa818 said...

I'm so excited! I love contests!

Bookworm said...

Congrats on the 40,000 hits! I love your blog--keep munching!
(: Claire

Diana Dang said...

Congrats!

Curiously, can Canada be an exception? ><;

Amanda said...

YAY contest!
I just sent the e-mail!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 40,000 page views!
Thanks for the contest!

-Rima

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Funny how the number kept growing - maybe you'll have to change it to 50,000 by the time the contest ends!

Anonymous said...

Great contest : D
I don't live in US so good luck to all the participants!

simply nerdy book reviews said...

Ohmigod! Congrats! OME 40000 hits? That is frickin' CRAZY!

Thanks for the contest, and all of the great reviews this past year!!

Alessandra said...

Congratulations on hitting the 40,000 hits! I think your blog is very well-organized and has a great layout. The name is also very catchy!
Keep munching!

juiciliciousss reviews said...

heyyy
i just awarded u an award AND i also have a contest up and running. so come check it out :)

stephanie

donnas said...

Congrats on all the hits!

tetewa said...

Thanks for the opportunity, tWarner419@aol.com.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this contest! I don't get to buy books a lot and these opportunities are a big deal to me.

Michelle Kuo said...

Thanks for hosting this giveaway! I'm always eager for some good books, and after reading your reviews I REALLY can't wait to read a couple of them!

Erika Powell said...

did you ever announce the winners?

Michelle Kuo said...

I'm with Erika, did you ever announce the winners?

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.