-->
young adult book reviews & more

The Tear Collector by Patrick Jones is Munch-Worthy

The Tear Collector

Fans of urban fantasy should prepare for a new kind of vampire–one that feeds off of tears instead of blood. Descended from an ancient line of creatures that gain their energy from human tears, Cassandra Gray depends on human sorrow to live. Only Cass has grown tired of living this life and wants to live like a human, especially now that she's met someone worth fighting for.

The summary is disappointingly short, but it's enough to pique my interest. Lately, I've been reading lots of fantasy, and one of the vampire theories is that they need to feed off blood (or tears in this case) for human emotions. I'd love to see where Jones is going with this. Plus, there's bound to be romance in this novel too.

Besides, just look at the cover. Doesn't it make the book look so yummy

Releases September 1, 2009 from Walker Books for Young Readers.

5 munch(es) :

Tales of Whimsy said...

What? Sounds awesome. ;)

Sarbear said...

I haven't heard of the tear theory until now -- interesting!

Eleni said...

This book was really good, I was fortunate to review it and it was def. different than the ordinary vampire book.

-Eleni

Thao said...

I've been waiting for this book to come out. Love the idea of the tear collecting.

J Wiles Parker said...

I've met Patrick Jones (really interesting guy; really knows his stuff too) so I'm looking forward to this offering since I know it'll be different from the typical vamp book these days. Thanks for pointing it out.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.