-->
young adult book reviews & more

Who's RAD? Sean Beaudoin!


Everybody welcome Sean Beaudoin, author of Going Nowhere Faster and the recently released Fade to Blue, which I'll be sure to check out soon since it just sounds so funny.
_________________________________________________________________
Random Q&A:
If you could go back in time (or forward), what would you want to witness/experience? This can be an event in history, for example.
This question seems familiar for some reason. It’s sort of like I went back in time and am answering it again. But I don’t think it’s what I would have chosen. I read a book recently about the Hawaiian Islands before Captain Cook “discovered” them (making them the Sandwich Islands). So, maybe I’d go back there in 1770.
What is your favorite onomatopoeia?
Sizzle.
If you could live during any time period, which would it be?
Fifties Manhattan so I could go see Charlie Parker play at a little club on 52nd Street. Also, so I could tie up Wolfman Jack and stuff him in a trunk and then become the first national radio DJ instead.
What color best describes your personality and why?
Faded blue. Despite the fact that I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and am publicly proclaimed enemy of whining, I tend to be a bit of a pessimist.
A genie decides to grant you three wishes. What are they?
1. Allow cats to talk.
2. Make music edible.
3. Let me write a book without vampires that sells like a book full of vampires.
_________________________________________________________________
the guest blog:
I realized I was truly neurotic this morning when I went to pick the next book I was going to read. They tend to sit in a big stack in the corner by my desk. I sort of had an inkling of what it was going to be, found it, and then discarded it because of the cover. Mainly the fact that it wasn’t the book’s original art, but a “movie edition” one, where this perfectly innocent book had been on shelves for at least 30 years with its unassuming cover, and suddenly was re-released with the face of a method-acting Leonardo DiCaprio splashed all over it. I mean, it somehow seems insulting to have Leo and Kate Winslet in this backlit embrace and the words NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE beneath them as if that were an enticement. Of course, the author has long since deceased, so it really isn’t a compromise for him, but I couldn’t help but feel he’d have been displeased that this was the ultimate fate of something he’d worked seven years of his life to get down on paper. So, I didn’t read it and chose something else. A book with just text and a name on the front. No grinning Travolta’s or menaced Julia Roberts running toward the subway station. Say what you like about the Kindle, but it does sort of alleviate this problem.
_________________________________________________________________
Thanks Sean for that funny (and oddly true) post. Don't forget to visit him online at his website: http://www.seanbeaudoin.com/ and read his latest book, Fade to Blue.

3 munch(es) :

Brooke Reviews said...

Loved this. Hilarious! Now I really want to read his book :D Thanks!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Great interview and questions.

Anonymous said...

Great guest post! I think Fade to Blue will be really good!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.