-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Meg Cabot

I went to a Meg Cabot book signing on Friday, April 23rd. I actually wasn't originally going to go, because Barnes & Noble was making sure everyone had a copy of one of Meg's latest books, Runaway or Glitter Girls and the Great Fake Out (apparently, this is Scholastic's stipulation). Of course, like the good sister I am, I have given all my Meg Cabot books to my Meg Cabot-loving older sister. Including my ARC of Runaway, which would've gained me entry. But when my mom went to pick up wristbands for the event, she ended up getting extras, meaning, hello Meg Cabot!



The evening started out with Meg Cabot talking about the inspiration for many of her books. Apparently, many of her stories have been inspired by events of other details of her personal life. Most of them, like her, are very interesting.


Before my Flip camera died on me, I managed to catch a bit of Meg Cabot's inspiration for her Mediator series.







Then she read a little bit from Runaway.


After that, there was a short Q&A session.


And finally, the signing itself. If you're wondering which books I got signed, they were all my sister's, for my sister, to my sister. My sister actually got a total of 7 of her Meg Cabot books signed that night out of her collection of 58 Meg Cabot books, 50 in English, 8 translated into French.

(that's my sister on the left, for those curious ones)

(and finally, Meg Cabot and me)

In all, it was a lot of fun. Meg Cabot is one hilarious and fashionable woman. If you ever get the chance to meet her, you definitely should take that opportunity. And I'm not just saying that because she said she liked my glasses.

2 munch(es) :

Sara said...

It must have been insane there! Interesting that Scholastic requires you to have a copy of the book... I suppose it does make sense though.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love her!!! :) Great pics!! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.