-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Cecil Castellucci, Natalie Standiford, and Siobhan Vivian

I was beyond thrilled to have been able to go to an utterly fabulous author event yesterday at BookCourt in Brooklyn with three utterly fabulous authors: Cecil Castellucci, Natalie Standiford, and Siobhan Vivian. I absolutely adore these three talented authors and their books, so this was an exciting opportunity!


My subway ride to Brooklyn took about half as much time as I thought it would, so I was pretty much the first person there for the event, which didn't bother me because I got a superb front row seat for the action. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. I was going to upload the videos I took of each author reading from her latest book, but Blogger seems to not want that to happen.

Guess who else showed up? Only their fabulous editor David Levithan!

Three fabulous ladies: Cecil Castellucci, Siobhan Vivian, and Natalie Standiford

Natalie Standiford reads from Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters

Siobhan Vivian answers a question from the audience

David Levithan and Cecil Castellucci discuss

And lastly, me and the most fabulous Siobhan Vivian, Natalie Standiford, and Cecil Castellucci!
I'm so glad I was able to make it to this awesome event. I got five books signed to add to my collection, but even more exciting than that and meeting these wonderful women, I actually met an incredibly lovely publicist from Scholastic! She even took this last picture for me. It's like networking, even though I don't officially work in the publishing industry yet.

So that was my fantastic day yesterday (sorry if I'm running out of exciting adjectives). I want to send out a big virtual hug of thanks to everyone who made it possible, especially the authors!

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.