-->
young adult book reviews & more

You know you're a bookworm when...

A. you run out of the same class practically every other Tuesday to get to a book signing
B. you go to two different book signings and for six different authors in the same night
C. you talk to two different authors about owning two copies (one ARC, one hardcover) of one of their titles at those signings
D. you buy one (or two) new books despite promising yourself you wouldn't because you have no place to put them
E. all of the above

Guess which answer I have to pick? That's right, the last one. Because it's all true.

Basically, last night, Mitali from Alley of Books and I were planning on attending the book signing with David Levithan and Rachel Cohn at The Strand in celebration of the release of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. But then I found out about another book signing with Natalie Standiford, Melissa de la Cruz, Suzanne Weyn, and Anna Godbersen at Books of Wonder that started an hour earlier. Therefore, we decided that we could make both.

Since we got to Books of Wonder early and immediately spotted Natalie Standiford, Melissa de la Cruz, and Suzanne Weyn, we were able to get our books signed really quickly. We didn't end up staying for the actual event (or seeing Anna Godbersen) since we wanted to have the best seats in the house for the Dash & Lily event.

Melissa de la Cruz, me, and Natalie Standiford
Suzanne Weyn and me
So then we ran to The Strand (which thankfully is only about ten minutes away).

All I have to say about the Dash & Lily event is that David Levithan and Rachel Cohn are just hilarious. I was pretty much chuckling the whole time when they were reading, which just makes me that much more excited for when I read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.

a super cool poster for Dash & Lily that I wish was mine

me and Mitali get excited, with good reason (thanks to Susane for this picture)
 
David Levithan and Rachel Cohn (thanks to Susane for this picture)
I have to say that meeting Melissa de la Cruz, Suzanne Weyn, and Rachel Cohn and seeing Natalie Standiford and David Levithan again was pretty darn fantastic. But even better was running into Susane Colasanti, Courtney Sheinmel, and Eliot Schrefer, who are just fantastic people in general, and finding out that Rachel Cohn and Courtney Sheinmel are Barnard women (!) like me.

In all, it was a great night for a bookworm like me!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.