-->
young adult book reviews & more

A Week of Many Book Events

Last week was a week of lots of book events. And boy am I regretting putting off posting about them until now! Because I went to 4 events last week! And therefore, I have lots of pictures and commentary to share.

On Tuesday, I arrived 3 hours early for a book signing at Books of Wonder. Why, you ask? Well, since the signing was for Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, and Lauren Destefano, of course I had to arrive early to beat the crowds. And it was packed in there! Everyone was squished together to see these three fabulous authors.

Lauren Destefano, Cassandra Clare, and Holly Black

Holly, Cassie, and Lauren each talked a bit about their newest books, read, and answered some Q&A. Here's a little video of Cassie reading from The Clockwork Prince:






In all, this was one heck of an event. I got books signed, snagged a bunch of awesome swag, and got to chat with so many lovely people, including Lauren Destefano, her editor, Amy from The Pages of Brooks, Vania from VLC Productions, and many, many others.

me and Lauren Destefano

Then, on Thursday, I found myself at the cutest little tea salon for the launch party for Bianca Turetsky's The Time-Traveling Fashionista. In addition to the cucumber sandwiches, scones, and miniature desserts, there was great company and conversation with my friends Mitali from The Alley of Books and Genna from Reading, Writing, and the World of Words, the lovely and fashionable author Bianca herself, as well as her publicist, editor, and agent.

Me, Bianca Turetsky, and one of the sketches from the book

While I was there, I also picked up an extra signed copy of The Time-Traveling Fashionista to give away here, so if you want your own copy, please enter below!

CONTEST CLOSED

(1) lucky winner will receive a signed copy of The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky and a Time-Traveling Fashionista luggage tag

Fill out the form to enter:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDl3QjdaVVpoVDB4VGZoemNNZGtNd1E6MQ

Other details:
  • US mailing addresses only.
  • Contest ends 5/30/11, at 9 p.m. EST.
Remember, you must complete the form to be entered, and only one form submission per person will be counted. If you have any questions about this contest, see my contest policy, or contact me and ask away.

Then on Sunday, I went to two different events. First I went to Books of Wonder (again), this time to see Gary Schmidt, Maryrose Wood, and Barry Hoffman.

Gary Schmidt, Maryrose Wood, and Barry Hoffman
Each read from his/her book and then there was an extensive Q&A session. Sadly, because it was Mother's Day, there wasn't a huge turnout, but I know I had a great time (Maryrose in particular is a fantastic reader).

In the evening, I made my way to Brooklyn for Susane Colasanti's first Barnes & Noble event ever! The turnout for this event was also quite modest due to the holiday, but Susane still made the most of it with a fabulous reading and some really great Q&A.

Susane Colasanti at her first B&N event

I had a lovely time chatting with my friend Mitali from The Alley of Books, Susane's publicist, and the lovely Susane herself. And I made off with some cute postcards featuring the covers of Susane's earlier books.

Mitali, Susane, and me

And that finally brings this exhausting post to a close!

2 munch(es) :

We Heart YA said...

OK, first of all, you're adorable and I love your fashion! Second, isn't meeting authors the coolest? It gets me so energized, and I love hearing the back stories to their careers and their novels.

Rachael Stein said...

Thanks so much! And I totally agree, that's why I make it to as many book events (within reasonable distance) that I can find :)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.