I went to ALA just last week for the first time, ever! And I have to say that it was a really awesome experience. Here's to hoping I'll be able to go again in the future!
Things I did:
- attend all 4 days of ALA exhibits! whee!!
- run around with my friend Kristi through all the booths, many many times
- snag another cockroach pin, to display my love of all things Claire Legrand & The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls
- lose said cockroach pin :(
- say a quick hello to Sarah J. Maas, who remembered me from BEA, yay!
- pick up another copy of False Memory by Dan Krokos (in my defense, the one I got at ALA is the only one that's signed, the first one was given to me by the author, the the one I got at BEA was a mistake!)
- pick up way too many books, oh well
- bloggers (in no particular order): Khyrinthia of Frenetic Reader, Zoë of Zoe's Book Reviews, Alethea of Read Now Sleep Later, Genna of Reading, Writing & The World of Words, and more!
- authors (also, in no particular order): Julie Halpern, Andrew Smith, Libba Bray, David Levithan, Kendare Blake, Carol Tanzman, Neal Shusterman, Marissa Meyer, A.S. King, Leigh Bardugo, Sarah J. Maas, Laura Amy Schlitz, Alexandra Bracken, Rachel Cohn, Dan Krokos, Tamara Ireland Stone
- so many favorite publishing people from Macmillan, Scholastic, and Little, Brown
- my good friend Kristi, since I went every day to ALA with her!
- 4 or 5 highly coveted ARCs
- a super cute tote bag
- bookmarks, postcards, buttons, pins, stickers, etc.
- lots and lots of other swag, including sunscreen, headphones, and more!
- US mailing addresses only.
- Contest ends 7/15/12, at 9 p.m. EST.