-->
young adult book reviews & more

Lots of book events!

Even after the madness of BEA, I somehow found myself at a bunch more book signings and events...

On Saturday, June 9, I made my way down to Books of Wonder for a book signing featuring many, many wonderful authors!

Lauren Oliver, Elizabeth Miles, Jessica Rothenberg, Rebecca Serle
Courtney Sheinmel, Kate Ellison, Lauren Morrill, Lenore Appelhans

This signing was a lot of fun because all of these authors have all either worked together previously and/or known each other for a long time (on the Books of Wonder website, this event was titled "Lauren Oliver & Friends," if that helps!). I had a great time chatting with authors Courtney Sheinmel and Lenore Appelhans as well as getting my ARC of Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans signed!

The next day, on Sunday, I headed out to Brooklyn for Melissa Walker's launch party for her latest book, Unbreak My Heart, at BookCourt.

the coolest book cookies ever! 
Melissa Walker reads from Unbreak My Heart

I had the most wonderful time munching on the super cute Unbreak My Heart cookies and chatting with authors Marianna Baer, Alison Cherry, Courtney Sheinmel, Adele Griffin, Micol Ostow, and Katie Sise (whose debut YA novel The Boyfriend App comes out sometime next year, I believe!).

Then, on Wednesday, I went down to the Jefferson Market branch of the NYPL for June's Teen Author Reading Night.

Tim Carvell, E.C. Myers, Jen Calonita, Brian James, Gwendolyn Heasley, Kim Purcell, Dan Krokos

I arrived super early and got to chat briefly with both E.C. Myers and Dan Krokos on their way into the event. Then, afterwards, I hung around to chat with some of my favorite book people, including Sam from Living Little Women, Mitali from Teen Author Carnival, and my boss!

Finally, on Thursday, I went back to Books of Wonder for a book signing with Susane Colasanti, Elizabeth Eulberg, Jennifer E. Smith, and Melissa Walker (again!), whose new books all fun, summery reads.

Susane Colasanti, Melissa Walker, Jennifer E. Smith, Elizabeth Eulberg

Each author introduced her new book and then answered questions from the audience, including several of the twenty questions they all generated to spice things up. This resulted in a lot of fun answers and even a short rendition of Summer Nights from Grease. After all of that, I chatted for a bit with authors Susane Colasanti and Melissa Walker as well as Sam from Living Little Women, Mitali from Teen Author Carnival, and my favorite Books of Wonder person Adam.

And that was my week of book event madness!

1 munch(es) :

holdenj said...

That's quite a week and line up! You are so lucky to live where you do!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.