-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Kristin Cashore, Gayle Forman, & Melina Marchetta

Last Tuesday, I went down to Books of Wonder for a fun event with authors Kristin Cashore, Gayle Forman, and Melina Marchetta.

Melina Marchetta, Kristin Cashore, & Gayle Forman

When I got to the store at right about the time the event was supposed to start, the place was already packed! I think everyone was so excited that there were three such awesome authors here at one time.

Instead of just reading from each of her new books, Kristin, Melina, and Gayle interviewed each other and discussed many topics in depth, from unlikable characters to writing romantic tension to dealing with readers' varying responses to their books. Then they opened up questions to the audience.

I was not willing to brave the hordes of people getting all their books signed, so instead, I just hung out and chatted with some of my favorite people, including authors Alison Cherry and Dan Krokos, Kristin from GrowingUp YA, and Mitali from Teen Author Carnival.

1 munch(es) :

Alison B said...

I love book signings!! I've been to a few at BoW, but I live in the Bay Area so that was only when I was in NYC on vacation. Awesome write up! :D

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.