-->
young adult book reviews & more

A couple of book events (mostly featuring David Levithan)

Over the past week, I made it to a couple of different book events, including Teen Author Reading Night for September as well as a signing with David Levithan and Maggie Stiefvater.

A couple weeks ago, I made my way down to the Jefferson Market branch of the NYPL, for my monthly Teen Author Reading Night fix, of course. This time, David Levithan both hosted and read, along with authors Tara Altebrando, Kate Milford, Sarah Beth Durst, Gordon Korman, and surprise guest, Libba Bray.

Tara Altebrando, Kate Milford, Sarah Beth Durst, Gordon Korman, Libba Bray, & David Levithan

As per usual, each author read from his/her new book (thoroughly entertaining the audience), answered questions from David (or, in David's case, questions from the other authors), and then took questions from the audience. I had a great time chatting with authors Sarah Beth Durst and Alecia Whitaker before heading on my way to be a responsible student and doing my homework...

But then, the very next week, where was I again but at another book event. This one was a book signing at Books of Wonder for David Levithan and Maggie Stiefvater.

David Levithan (again) & Maggie Stiefvater

I somehow managed to snag a seat in the very crowded room (which was not surprising, since both authors have a huge fan following). David and Maggie read from their new books, Every Day and The Raven Boys, sort of reader's theater style, which was thoroughly entertaining because they both got really into it. Then the authors interviewed each other, which was also interesting since David is Maggie's editor. Finally, they took questions from the audience and Maggie gave away a framed still from her book trailer to the event attendee who traveled the farthest to attend (all the way from California!).

I hung around for basically the entire event, chatting up some of my favorite book people including authors Alison Cherry, Lindsay Ribar, and Michael Grant (well, in passing); favorite publishing people including my former boss at Lee & Low and a fantastic Scholastic publicist; my Spanish teacher and YA fan Sarah; and book bloggers (current and former) Cialina from Muggle-Born.net, Khy from Frenetic Reader, and Mitali from Teen Author Carnival.

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.