-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Jen Calonita, Elizabeth Eulberg, & Jennifer E. Smith

Last Tuesday, I made my way down to Books of Wonder for a fantastic event titled "Girls Get Real." The panel featured authors Jen Calonita, Elizabeth Eulberg, and Jennifer E. Smith and was moderated by Sarah Mlynowski. I've been fortunate to see all of these authors before, so I knew that I was in for a treat (and I was right, of course!).

panelists Jennifer E. Smith, Elizabeth Eulberg, and Jen Calonita & moderator Sarah Mlynowski

To start off the event, each author introduced herself and her most recent book, and then Sarah got down to asking questions. The discussion was fantastic and included everything from why they write realistic fiction to their inspiration and research to, of course, how they write realistic boys. Then they took questions from the audience, including an interesting one about sexual content and why they do or do not include it in their books.

In all, the event was fascinating, informative, and most of all very fun! I had a wonderful time hanging out with my fellow publishing intern Eunice and getting to chat with the featured authors, particularly Elizabeth Eulberg and Jennifer E. Smith. And since last Tuesday was also one of my good friend's birthdays, I got a copy of Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight signed for her, too.

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.