-->
young adult book reviews & more

The last couple of events that I went to

If you couldn't tell, I'm a little behind with scheduling posts here, so to buy myself a little more time, I'm going to tell you all about the last two book events I went to.

A couple of weekends ago, I went over to Books of Wonder for a fun event featuring a ton of authors! Yep, there was a grand total of nine fabulous authors there, including Evan Roskos, Michael Northrop, Lindsay Ribar, Corey Ann Haydu, Katie Sise, Jennifer H. Lyne, Lili Peloquin, Paul Hoppe (who is actually an illustrator), and Shawn Goodman.

Shawn Goodman, Corey Ann Haydu, Paul Hoppe, Michael Northrop
Lindsay Ribar, Evan Roskos, Katie Sise, Jennifer J. Lyne

Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the lovely Lili Peloquin as my view of her was obstructed by a pillar, but despite that, I had a wonderful time at this event! Each author talked a bit about his or her book, some chose to read, and then they did a bit of Q&A. For the first time in a while, I had books to get signed (Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos and Catch Rider by Jennifer H. Lyne), so I chatted with them as well as other featured authors Lindsay Ribar, Michael Northrop, and Katie Sise.

Then, the following Friday, I headed over to the bookstore McNally Jackson for the launch event for Fire with Fire by the inimitable duo Siobhan Vivian and Jenny Han.

Siobhan Vivian & Jenny Han

The event overall was just loads of fun. Most of it was, quite obviously, the hilariousness that each author brings to the table. It's probably impossible not to laugh at one of their events! That, and these ladies really know how to entertain a crowd, from fun banter, games, snacks, and even themed goodie bags. What's not to love about a match book that says "Karma can suck it"?

I had a most lovely time at this event hanging out with my bookish friend Kaila, chatting with the all around fabulous Siobhan Vivian, and catching up with other bookish friends Julie, Danielle, and Charlee.

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.