-->
young adult book reviews & more

Kissing Snowflakes by Abby Sher

Kissing SnowflakesIt’s winter break, and Samantha, Jeremy, her dad, and her new step-mom, Kathy are taking a vacation in Vermont. All Sam wants to do is relax and find a cute guy to kiss. But things are turning out so perfect. The inn they are staying at has no people that are her age with the exception of the owner’s strange son Eric. Her brother is immature, her best friend Phoebe is acting strange and distant, and she and Kathy can’t manage to get along. It seems that Sam will have to spend winter break sulking in her room with only her books and cards for company.

When she does decide to venture outside and join a skiing class, she meets Drew, a blond skier who brags he’s been to the Olympic Trials. Sam’s first impression is that he looks like a Ken doll and that he is way out of her league, but she soon finds out he’s more than interested in her. After some very excellent kissing, she realizes what a jerk he is because he only wants to get into her pants.

Through the course of her very short relationship with Drew, she makes friends with Liz, Heidi, and Deana. She also befriends a girl from Texas named Ashley whose favorite phrase is “tote hilare”. After running into Eric, the inn keeper’s son, several times, she realizes that she really likes him, and things go on from there.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I was glad it wasn’t completely a romance novel, but I was disappointed that Sam and her friend, Phoebe didn’t make up their friendship by the end of the story, but it’s refreshing that everything doesn’t turn out perfectly. I was also glad that Sam was able to figure out what she wanted in her life. The cover is really cute too! This book is perfect for reading by the fire in the dead of winter. I recommend this book for fans of the Summer Boys series by Hailey Abbott because it’s basically the same idea in the opposite season.

Rating: 4.0

Review copy from author Abby Sher

13 munch(es) :

Chelsea said...

Sounds good! I'ts been on my "to-read" list, so I'm glad you liked it.

the story siren said...

i might have to pick up a copy of this book, sounds very cute!

Wendy Toliver said...

sounds adorable! just like the cover. :)

Em said...

I liked this one - haven't read the Summer Boys series yet so I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Melissa Walker said...

i read this one--it was a lot of fun and really perfect for a winter's day when you're curled up by a fire.

Anonymous said...

Hey wow I love how your site looks and you really convinced me that I should try this book.

Anonymous said...

I read this book 3 times and i fell in luv with it! its perfect for young girls who recently had a broken heart

Anonymous said...

i read this book ad its amazingg. ive read it like 20 times. it get better everytime.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. I am not a fan of reading, but this book kept me reading.

Langley said...

I loved this book! It kept me occupied while I was in the Bahamas with my little brother Lars, my dad, and my new step-mom. It was s much like my life. I could relate to Sam in somany ways. (and I def found romance on my trip too. "tote hilare!" hahah)

Anonymous said...

ive red it a zillion times XD its so much like wut happend to me...actually exactly like me...

Anonymous said...

omg i JUST finished the book like 2 minutes ago and i love it(: from romance, to comedy..this book is perfect♥

Anonymous said...

i read the book and i loved it! it was awsomee! i readd in about 2 days because i just couldnt putt it down.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.