-->
young adult book reviews & more

Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty by Jody Gehrman

Confessions of a Triple Shot BettyGeena’s plan for the summer is to have some girl time with her best female buddies, her friend Amber and her cousin Hero. But when the two meet, it seems that they’re polar opposites. This rivalry makes it difficult for the three girls to work together at the Triple Shot Betty coffee shack. Enter three hot guys, and they’re in for a very interesting summer.

Geena is determined to somehow make Amber and Hero get along, but it’s not as easy as it sounds. And a complicated love tangle involving the two enemies and two boys only makes it worse. But along with them, there’s skater girl Geena, helping her friends sort things out and even falling for her biggest competition in school, a cute guy names Ben.

Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty was a very fun and enjoyable read, as one could predict from the awesome title. I love how Geena is the snarky smart girl, a lot like Maya from She’s So Money by Cherry Cheva; Geena’s funny comments kept me laughing aloud throughout the whole book. and all the other characters are also lovable (minus the villain of course).

Another exciting aspect of this novel was the partially unpredictable plot. I was able to foresee the romance between Geena and Ben, bit I was very surprised by the events at the ending of the novel. This was definitely a good thing, and I really felt like yelling out “Girl power!” when I finished reading the book.

Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty was a highly entertaining read that I recommend to everyone. There’s definitely a little bit of something for everyone. It’s recently published, so I suggest you all go out and buy a copy (it’s scented!) along with a couple of other novels by Jody Gehrman such as Notes from the Backseat.

Rating: 4.5

Review copy from personal collection

6 munch(es) :

Steph said...

THIS BOOK IS IN THE MAIL FROM JODY HERSELF! I was so happy when she said she'd send it!!

Great review, cannot WAIT to read it!

Steph

Liv said...

I love the new layout and I loved the review! This book sounds so cool, so I'll definitely be checking it out now!

Rachel said...

Yeah, this book sounds really good. You've definetly caught my attention with this review, it sounds awesome.

the story siren said...

this book sounds awesome! i really can't wait to read it! great review!

Anonymous said...

I loved this book too- it was absolutely amazing. Also, love the scented idea for the hardcover release, hehe. Great review!

Em said...

Can I just say that I want to read this book SOLELY because of the cover?! Love coffee and love the purple/pink background. :)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.