-->
young adult book reviews & more

Fact of Life #31 by Denise Vega

Fact of Life #31Katima Flynn, better known as Kat, works for her mother at Abra’s Midwifery. But even though she’s more than competent around the office, she screws up at her first baby delivery. Kat is so embarrassed that she quits the job that she loves at the Midwifery and instead focuses her attention on pretraining for the triathlon she plans to compete in. Her role in new mothers’ lives has been reduced to occasionally sketching their children’s births. Kat feels extremely out of place. Add in a little boy drama, family issues, and unexpected new friends, and Kat is now on a life-changing journey.

Fact of Life #31 was a cute and amusing novel. I really enjoyed reading from Kat’s perspective. She’s a funny girl who speaks her mind and usually knows what she wants. What I liked most about her, though, was that she knows she doesn’t fit in at school and is mostly okay with it. Kat is a very realistic character. She is aware of her low social statues but can’t help pining over a popular guy. I loved how pretty much all the characters that interacted with Kat had a positive influence on her. The plot is never too exciting, but since the characters are so wonderfully developed, I most definitely recommend this novel.

Readers looking for an amusing yet meaningful story should definitely check out Kat’s story in Fact of Life #31.

Rating: 4.25

Review copy from BookDivas

4 munch(es) :

Alea said...

This does sound funny :) Thanks for entering my contest!

Nurin said...

Sounds like a great book, I`ll keep my eyes peeled for it.!

Anna said...

This sounds great. I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Carolina said...

Sounds like a great read! I'll bump it up my TBR pile. :)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.