-->
young adult book reviews & more

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti

Take Me ThereRhiannon, Nicole, and James are three friends in New York City – three friends with problems. Rhiannon is having trouble getting over her recent breakup with her boyfriend Steve, and she’s desperate to get him back. Nicole is also getting over a breakup, but she was the one who instigated this one. The reason for this lies rooted in Nicole’s past and a secret she’s not ready to reveal. James’ love life is pretty bland. He’s got a hot girlfriend, but that girlfriend is insanely jealous of James’ close friendship with Rhiannon and thus dumps him. It takes a little prompting from an elderly neighbor for James to realize who he’s truly in love with. Together, these friends will battle mean girls, old demons, and find who they really love.

I loved Susane Colasanti’s writing style of alternate narrators in her first novel When It Happens, but in this one, I felt it was a little two much with the three narrators. It got a little confusing with three points of view of the same event occurring, especially because it was about 50 pages later. Another issue I had was that there was just a little too much going on in the novel. There were the boyfriend/girlfriend problems, the family problems, and the secrets. It was a little too much for me. However, even though there were a couple aspects of the novel I disliked, I loved the rest of it. The characterization of each friend is excellent, and I really felt I got to know Rhiannon, Nicole, and James. They each have a unique story, all of which I loved. Susane Colasanti has a way of weaving each of their stories together to create this fantastic novel.

Although I liked When It Happens better, I still loved Take Me There. Anyone who wants to read about perfect true love should definitely read Susane Colasanti’s novels and also look out for her upcoming novel, Waiting For You.

Rating: 3.75

Review copy from personal collection

6 munch(es) :

Anonymous said...

I loved this book, though you're right, it was a bit confusing sometimes. I didn't think it was too much at all, considering it was three different characters' lives we were reading about rather than just one or two.

Great review though!

Steph said...

Good review XD I have this one on my TBR pile! :D

Steph

Ashley said...

this sounds good. i'm gonna check it out. good review.

ashley

Amee said...

Great review! I keep hearing how her books are really good. I think I have When It Happens on my wish list already, I'll have to add Take Me There and her newest. :D

Carolina said...

Hmm... I haven't read any of her books but they look really good. I'll try to get them from my library. :)

Ceska said...

When It Happens by Susane Colasanti was an amazing book. I loved how I could relate to parts of the book. I could relate to the teenage drama that happened in school. I could not put this book down for a second becuase it was so great and exciting. I would recommend this novel to teenage girls!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.