-->
young adult book reviews & more

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Two-way StreetJordan and Courtney were an unlikely high school couple, but it really didn’t matter because they were in love. They even planned to drive together to college orientation since they’re going to the same college. But then Jordan dumps Courtney for a MySpace girl. Courtney is devastated, but she won’t give Jordan the satisfaction of seeing her mope, even though that’s extremely difficult for her. And now they still have that road trip to go on since it’s too late to change plans. What Courtney doesn’t know, though, is that there’s a reason Jordan wants to go on this road trip with Courtney and a couple secrets he hasn’t told her which have to do with why they broke up in the first place. Two-Way Street is the story of first love and true love in the midst of hardship.

Two-Way Street was a much better novel than I thought it would be. It’s told from both Jordan’s and Courtney’s perspectives so you understand both their sides of the story. I enjoyed the flashbacks to before the trip, because it was really obvious how perfect Jordan and Courtney were for each other, even when Jordan’s secret became too much for him to bear. I was hoping through the entire story that Jordan and Courtney would work out their issues because it felt that they were totally meant to be together. This story and the characters had a lot more depth than I expected from what I thought was a simple romance story. The complications to Jordan and Courtney’s relationship added some humor and well as meaning to the novel. Overall, Two-Way Street was very enjoyable to read and much more than just a romance novel.

I recommend this book to all teen girls, but other readers may also enjoy it. I truly did love Two-Way Street and may read a couple of Lauren Barnholdt’s other novels.

Rating: 4.75

Review copy from personal collection

23 munch(es) :

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read this book, despite having owned it since it first came out early last summer, lol. I have read Lauren's first book Reality Chick, which was absolutely hilarious and well-done, so definitely read that. And I have her tween novel in my TBR pile as well- I've only read about a quarter of it though, but it's very good.

Great review!!

Anonymous said...

I read that book early this year and loved it. It's a good book. Also you did a great review!

Keri Mikulski said...

This one's on my TBR pile. :)

Carolina said...

I still haven't read this book. I've been so busy but I am going to read it soon. Great review!

sweetmelissa818 said...

I love this cover!

asdfjkl; said...

Was this made into a tv movie? I think a saw a Lifetime movie just like it.

I'm always up for a good love story! :)

Amanda said...

Great cover! This book sounds really good.

Awesome review!

Shalonda said...

Yay! I have this one. I haven't read it yet, but I love love stories, so maybe I'll move it to a higher spot on my TBR list.

Liviania said...

This one sounds cool. I'm interested in miscommunication and how it affects lives.

Brooke Reviews said...

This one has been on my wishlist since it was releeased. It just never really stood out before, except for the cool cover. I'll definitely look into it now. :)

katayoun said...

i've wanted to read this a while now and so good to see your positive review!

tynlyd said...

Looks interesting. Your review is really good. I think that your reviews make me want to read books that I wouldn't have otherwise.

donnas said...

Sounds great and I really like it when you get both sides from different characters.

Mandy said...

I LOVED this book. Great review of it. I wish she'd write a sequel for it. But I don't think she's going to. :(

Katie said...

I haven't heard a lot about this book but I do want to read it and your review is very good.

kbpup903@yahoo.com

Genevieve said...

Huh. I like your review of the book. I would expect much from the summary but your review makes me interested.

Anonymous said...

I saw this book in the store, and really wanted it, but I was broke, and still am.
lizzieland@optonline.net

Korianne said...

I love two sided stories. What a clever title for one.

Anonymous said...

I would read it. The danger with two-character stories is always that you identify with one so much more than the other...

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I really want to read this!

Anonymous said...

Nice review! And the cover looks great. I sure would want to read this.

Michelle Kuo said...

This is pretty much on the top of my list of books I want to read! You review & summary makes it sound like it's the perfect book for me.

Paradox said...

Oh, this sounds good! I love road trip novels, and this one seems a bit more than that too.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.