-->
young adult book reviews & more

Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra

Invisible TouchKara Martinez is not and will never be normal, not since her father’s death when she was eleven. Instead, Kara hides, letting everyone else think she’s the good girl. She dresses in pink to please her mother and never acts out lest her mom should scrutinize her more than usual and send her back to a therapist. Even Kara’s best friend Danielle is unaware of how the accident when Kara was eleven changed her from normal into a Sign Seer.

As a Sign Seer, Kara has visions pertaining to people’s fates, bits of clues forming a puzzle only Kara can solve, because she’s the only person who knows it’s there. And so Kara has been able to secretly help people avoid disasters. But when Kara sees a gun on a fellow classmate, the stakes are much higher because it’s so much more personal. The two sides of Kara, her secret life and the one her mother wants her to live, start to collide when Kara’s mother’s hold on her becomes increasingly suffocating and Kara’s investigation leads her to an alluringly mysterious guy. But venting on her anonymous blog won’t stop the clock from ticking down the seconds Kara has left to act to piece together this deadly puzzle and her own life.

Read the rest of my review at Young Adult Enchanting Reviews.

Rating: 4.25

Review copy from publisher MTV Books through YA Enchanting Reviews

7 munch(es) :

Lindsay said...

Sounds very good! Usually I stay away from fantasy-type novels, but this one seems realistic enough that I can get into it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Bookworm said...

Looks good, and the cover is awesome, huh?

Shalonda said...

Glad you liked it. It was definitely one of the best books I read in '08.

Anonymous said...

Bookworm, you'll love this. Okay--I admit I'm her critique partner, and that makes me biased. But while I don't normally read fantasy novels, her is heart-felt and exciting, and with a big surprise ending. Give it a try! :)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks very much for reposting the review on your blog! :) :)

Thank you, Shalonda and Tina! :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

I got this for Christmas (from my bookish secret santa) and I can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

This book is amazing! For once i finally finished a book that i was actaully interested in. I love how Katy kan see "signs" on people and actually try to solve it. Well who ever made this book, should make a movie too. I wonder Anthony would look how Kelly Parra described him in her book. Well yea. Anywayz?

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.