-->
young adult book reviews & more

Who's RAD? J. E. MacLeod!

Please welcome Ms. J. E. MacLeod, author of recently released romance Waiting to Score. Well, actually, her real name is Janet Gurtler, but that's out little secret!

__________________________________________________________________

Random Q&A:

What's the most embarrassing outfit you've ever been caught in? Or, if you are so fashion forward, what outfit would you not want to be caught dead in?
OMG. I am the worst person for getting caught in bad outfits. I am bad for running round to do chores wearing exercise clothes after exercising. Which is not a hip fashion statement. In any way. I also wear super comfy clothes to write and often go straight from writing to pick my son up at school and take him to activities. So. Um. I'm not the cool Mom in fashionable boots and great jeans and perfect hair picking up my son from school.

If you could live the life of any fictional character (from a novel, movie, TV show, etc.), who would it be?
I'd love to be Hermione from Harry Potter. She's cute, she can do magic, she's got great friends and a crush on a cute red head. What more could I want?

If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Invisibility. Without a doubt. Just think of all the things you could do if you were invisible. Of course, I would have to keep in mind that I was supposed to use my super powers for good....

What celebrity or famous person would you give anything to meet?
Hmmm. Anything?? I don’t think I'd give "anything" to meet anyone really. I'm sure I'd get completely tongue tied around a celebrity or famous person I like, but let me go with Shirley MacLaine. How fun would she be to talk to about everything from celebrity gossip to world issues (and of course, reincarnation)?

A genie decides to grant you three wishes. What are they?
1. I wish I could be a best selling author. Of a kick %^% YA Book.
2. I wish my son would grow up to be happy, fulfilled and successful and live a long productive life.
3. I wish for good health and good fortune for my friends and especially for my family.

__________________________________________________________________

the guest blog:

Yummy YA Boys

Is it wrong that I have crushes on fictional characters? Or is it wrong that if they were living people they’d be young enough to be my children? Okay. Ew. The second part is very wrong and gross, but since I am talking about fictional boys here, I’ve decided it’s perfectly acceptable for me to crush. Oui? Okay then.

So. Exactly who are the hottest boys in YA Fiction? Yes. Yes. I do hear the overwhelming shouts and fingers on the keyboard, typing in, “Edward, Edward.” Brooding, mysterious and gorgeous perhaps, but just a little too possessive for this author. Plus there’s that thing with his teeth. Besides, damsel in distress has never really been my thing. Of course, I might change my mind if Rob Patterson gazed at me in his most mesmerizing way. I could be a cougar. Why not? I do give Ms. Meyers props. Now there is a powerful love story. The yearning and wanting made me momentarily reconsider vampire love. And Edward.


Another YA boy who really bakes my cake is Marcus from Sloppy Firsts. Oh. I dig him all right. Bad boy turned good. Redemption. Love could change him. Blah blah blah. Sigh. Swoon. I read the book long ago but my crush on him remains intact!

And how about Nick – from Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist? Loved him. Less geeky than the movie Nick I thought, though I do love me some Michael Cera.

Or, how about Luke from Maggie Stiefvater’s, Lament. Hot and cocky and crushable all at once. Despite the lacking a soul thing.

Another hot YA boy to watch for is Jackson from Cheryl Renee Herbsman’s book, Breathing. Oh. Yummy. Yum. Yum. A delightful Southern boy who I wanted to come to life as I read the beautiful prose.

And of course, I have to mention Zack Chase, from Waiting To Score. He was the boy I was supposed to date in High School. Only he didn’t exist yet.

Who are the hottest YA boys? What do YOU think?

__________________________________________________________________

Well, thanks so much Ms. Janet/J.E. for that very relevant post (no, that is not sarcasm, I am totally being serious). My fav YA hotties? Definitely Marcus from the Jessica Darling series, Cabel from Wake by Lisa McMann, and Jace from the Mortal Instruments series. No arguments there!

Visit J.E. MacLeod online at her website: http://www.jemacleod.com/

4 munch(es) :

Ana said...

Wes from The Truth about Forever
Jonah from Jellicoe Road
Guy from Willow
Alex from Perfect Chemistry
Anthony from Invisible Touch
Jacob from North of Beautiful

Unknown said...

Great interview and guest post - what an interesting topic! I feel a little "ew" sometimes too, but they're fictional boys...and that ought to balance it out ;)

Hm...what cute boy have I recently discovered?
Alex from Perfect Chemistry
Gavin from The Season
Logan from Popular Vote
Paolo from girl, HERO
Evan from bloom

Too many! :)

Diana Dang said...

Always Edward ain't it? Haha, you can not escape from one post about hot YA fiction boys without Mr. Cullen there.

The YA boy I like is Jack from Soulless by Christopher Golden. Sadly, he dies at the end!

Angiegirl said...

Weeeelll.
George Cooper from the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce
Seth from Wicked Lovely
Eugenides from The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner
Po from Graceling
Michael from The Road Home

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.