-->
young adult book reviews & more

Some bookish news

I'm sure you guys have noticed that I'm not much for posting about whatever is going on at the moment in the book world. However, a few pretty big things are coming up very soon that I thought you guys should know about.

Firstly, we have the Children's Choice Book Awards. Basically, this gives kids and teens the opportunity to voice their opinions on what books and authors they liked best. This is actually a pretty new thing; the Children's Choice Book Awards only started in 2008. There are six categories you can vote in, two that everyone votes in, and four others based on age group.

Here are some finalists I thought you'd be interested in:
Author of the Year: Suzanne Collins, Carl Hiaasen, Jeff Kinney, James Patterson, Rick Riordan
Teen Choice Book of the Year: Blood Promise by Richelle Mead, Blue Moon by Alyson Noël, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Don't forget to vote as well (http://www.bookweekonline.com/voting) and soon; voting ends May 3.


Also coming up this very weekend is the largest book festival in the country, or so its website says. The L.A. Times Festival of Books takes place April 24-25 this year, and I will be there! I'm definitely looking forward to the festivities and to meeting some authors like Rachel Caine, Robin Benway, David Levithan, John Green, and Meg Cabot.

Speaking of Meg Cabot, I'm also going to a Meg Cabot book signing today in a couple of hours. You'll be shocked to know that I don't actually own any Meg Cabot books. Why? I gave them all to my sister. The latest addition of her Meg Cabot collection? My ARC of Insatiable. That will be her 50th Meg Cabot book. Kudos to her.

Anyway, expect some pictures, videos, and maybe even some goodies from my time at the Meg Cabot book signing and the Festival of Books soon!

1 munch(es) :

Jessica Love said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now...I didn't realize you were in my area. :-) I went to Meg Cabot last night and I'll be at LATFOB on Sunday. Looking forward to John Green and David Levithan!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.