-->
young adult book reviews & more

Halo party

Or sort of.

Thanks to the lovely Eleni from La Femme Readers, yesterday I found myself at one of the coolest book events I've ever been to. I missed an Alexandra Adornetto signing at the library because I had this pesky little thing called class, but I was able to meet her later, along with some other very fabulous people, including Eleni and Mitali from Alley of Books, at this little celebration the wonderful people of Macmillan threw in honor of Alexandra Adornetto and her new novel Halo.

me, Alexandra Adornetto, Mitali, and Eleni
(please ignore the fact that my bangs in my eye make me look like a squinty cyclops)

I basically had some great conversations about books, how fashionable and adorable Alexandra is, cover artwork, and the like. Just a heads up, but you guys should be very excited for the cover to Halo's sequel, Hades. If you, like me, thought the cover for Halo was absolutely gorgeous, then you will probably love Hades' cover. Not that I've seen it because it doesn't exist yet, but I did meet the man who designed Halo's cover and is designing the one for Hades, and with expert input from three fabulous book bloggers (and amazing talent, of course), the cover should be pretty darn fabulous.

I had such a great time just getting to know some of my fellow book bloggers as well as meeting some of the friendliest and nicest people in the world: the book people of Macmillan. I just get so excited meeting publicists and authors and editors and basically everyone they work with. It's a thrilling experience. And who knows? Maybe one day these people will be my colleagues (though that may just be wishful thinking!).

2 munch(es) :

Savannah said...

WOW, so awesome! Glad you had a great time :)

J Wiles Parker said...

I might be moderately jealous. Thanks for never being one to keep all this fun stuff to yourself!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.