-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Rachel Cohn, David Levithan, Matt de la Peña, and E. Lockhart

Yes, yesterday marked the third time I've been to a book signing with Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and their newly released Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, this time at BookCourt in Brooklyn. And it won't be my last either, but that's a whole other story. In my defense though, there were two other great authors that I wanted to see at this signing, E. Lockhart and Matt de la Peña.

Rachel Cohn, David Levithan, Matt de la Peña, and E. Lockhart

To start, each author introduced his- or herself and their books. Of course, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan introduced themselves as the other, just because they're funny like that. I just love how Rachel Cohn and David Levithan manage to keep things fresh and interesting at all their signings (the three that I've been to and all).

After that, everyone read from their latest or, in E. Lockhart's case, upcoming, book. I managed to tape a little bit of the readings until I noticed that I had less than a minute left of memory left and low battery on my Flip camera. Please note that David Levithan's selection is rated PG-13. (There are a few instances of cursing, so I thought I needed that disclaimer). I thought about not even posting it at all, but David Levithan's different voices are too amusing to pass up.


Finally, there was some Q&A and then it was time for signing books! Unfortunately for me, the first two Ruby Oliver books that I ordered didn't come in time, so I couldn't get those signed, but I did get some very cool bookmarks as compensation. Not to mention some really good pictures.

Finally I have a picture with David Levithan and Rachel Cohn!
the fabulous E. Lockhart and me

Oh, and guess who else was in the audience? Only the most amazing Libba Bray. I was tempted to go up to her and basically gush for ten minutes straight, but then I got too intimidated. Maybe next time!

1 munch(es) :

Robby said...

I love this blog, and Rachel Cohn, and David Levithan, and E. Lockhart, and Libba Bray. Love.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.