-->
young adult book reviews & more

The Book Muncher Stays in the City

Most college students go home for summer vacation. However, I have managed to wrangle myself another publishing internship, and therefore, I will be staying in New York City for most of the duration of the summer months.

Now, what does that mean in terms of The Book Muncher's blog?

1. You read right. I have another publishing internship! This summer, I will be a marketing intern at Macmillan. Which means I will be surrounded my much coveted ARCs practically on a daily basis. What fun!


2. What huge publishing conference takes place at the end of May in New York City? Why, BEA, of course! Which means, for the first time ever, I will be attending. So keep your eyes peeled for lots of pictures, and, though I'm not making any promises, potentially some good books up for grabs here.


3. Summer vacation, for those attending most schools, is a time for relaxation and leisure. Though I will have a full time internship (see #1), I will still have a lot more time to allocate to reading. Which means there will (hopefully) be a lot more reviews up here than of late.

4. If my research (a.k.a. stalking bookstore event pages) is correct, then I should expect to be attending lots of book events over the course of the summer. I'd say the most exciting of these includes Teen Author Carnival (well, I had to give this one a shout out as my good friend Mitali from Alley of Books is one of its organizers), the Diversity in YA tour, as well as Scholastic's this is teen Live tour.




Are you excited for the summer? Because I sure am!

5 munch(es) :

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Yay! Congrats. And I'll see you at BEA!

Small Review said...

Such exciting news! Congrats!!

Lauren M said...

Wow! Congrats on the internship! That's so awesome!
And yay, BEA! I'll be going for the first time this year, too. So excited! :)

Soon Hana said...

wow, awesome internship, congrats!

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

OOOOH! Congrats on the internship. I have a full time internship this summer too. I hope to see you at BEA! :)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.