-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with 6 fantastic authors!

Last Sunday, I made the very good choice to go to Books of Wonder for a book signing! This wonderful event featured six authors: Jesse Andrews, Stephen Emond, Barry Lyga, Alexander Gordon Smith, Padma Venkatraman, and Alecia Whitaker.

Jesse Andrews, Alecia Whitaker, and Alexander Gordon Smith
Padma Venkatraman, Stephen Emond, and Barry Lyga

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to replace the battery in my camera after charging it, so I had to make do with the camera on my iPod. Fortunately, though, my camera woes were washed away by a series of hilarious, enthusiastic, and always interesting readings, discussions, and even a slideshow presentation.

I have to say that I particularly enjoyed heading Jesse Andrews read from his debut novel Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (which is utterly hilarious), Alecia Whitaker reading from her debut The Queen of Kentucky with the utmost energy and personality, and Alexander Gordon Smith chatting about everything from his first book (a little book filled with scary monsters) to his first experience with real horror films (involving his grandmother) to why he loves his job as a horror writer.

And the best part was that I got to hang around and talk with all three of the above authors afterwards, which was, of course, just as fun as hearing them talk at me!

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.