-->
young adult book reviews & more

Twitter and World Read Aloud Day

Sometimes peer pressure is a good thing...or, at least, it's not bad. I say this because I have finally taken the leap, at the encouragement of many, and created...a twitter account.

That's right, The Book Muncher has finally joined the year of 2012 and is on Twitter.

Feel free to follow me @thebookmuncher. Who knows? This could be an exciting adventure for all of this.

The other reason I bring up Twitter is because I decided to create on just in time for World Read Aloud Day on March 7. What is this World Read Aloud Day, you ask? Well, here's a little snippet I took from their website:

Worldwide at least 793 million people remain illiterate.

Imagine a world where everyone can read...

World Read Aloud Day is about taking action to show the world that the right to read and write belongs to all people. World Read Aloud Day motivates children, teens, and adults worldwide to celebrate the power of words, especially those words that are shared from one person to another, and creates a community of readers advocating for every child’s right to a safe education and access to books and technology.

By raising our voices together on this day we show the world’s children that we support their future: that they have the right to read, to write, and to share their words to change the world.

It’s time to join the Global Literacy Movement.

It's a fantastic movement organized by a fantastic organization, LitWorld, and I encourage everyone to take part.

If you're in New York City, then I especially encourage you to come to Books of Wonder for LitWorld's signature World Read Aloud Day event. There's going to be read alouds, workshops, live blogging, prizes, and lots and lots of fun! And, if you show up between 3:30-5:00, you'll get to see me, leading the Teen Blogger Power Hour.

Check out the full schedule and details here:
http://litworld.org/worldreadalouddaynyc/

1 munch(es) :

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

Awesome. I don't have class at that time so I'll definitely stop by Books of Wonder that day!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.