-->
young adult book reviews & more

Fierce Reads tour recap

As you may or may not know, I was the featured blogger for the final stop on the Fierce Reads tour this season, at Books of Wonder in NYC. Now, what does that mean? Well, aside from getting the fancy title of "featured blogger," I also got to chat with the four authors on tour, Gennifer Albin, Leigh Bardugo, Caragh M. O'Brien, and Marie Rutkoski, before their event started.

Since everyone was a little worn out (the authors from their tour, and me from my homework), we just sat together and had a casual conversation. I learned that despite a few snags (like how Gennifer Albin could have gotten arrested!), their tour had been going great so far. Here are a few other things that I learned:

(1) Caragh O'Brien came in third place in a state fencing competition.
(2) Leigh Bardugo almost died from being dared to eat an entire calla lily when she was 7.
(3) Gennifer Albin is afraid of going down escalators, especially with luggage.
(4) Marie Rutkoski has large sections of dialogue from The Princess Bride memorized.

One of these things is actually not true. If you can figure it out (or guess correctly), then this might work in your favor for what comes at the end of this blog post (I'll give you a very obvious hint: contest!).

Anyway, after our little chat, the authors and I headed to the back of the bookstore for the actual event.

Caragh O'Brien & Gennifer Albin
Marie Rutkoski & Leigh Bardugo

Each author introduced her new book and talked a little about how those stories came to be. The Q&A with the audience then led to a lot of lively and interesting discussions about inspiration, writing process, YA, and reading audience. Needless to say, everyone was thoroughly entertained at this event. I especially had a great time talking to each of the featured authors, especially the lovely Caragh O'Brien who I've met before a couple times.

I wasn't able to stick around through the whole signing due to other commitments, but fortunately for me, my "featured blogger" status meant that I got to get my books signed before the event started. And by my books, I actually mean your books. That is, Macmillan was lovely enough to donate a set of these Fierce Reads authors' books for me to give away on the blog.

CONTEST CLOSED


(1) lucky winner will receive signed copies of Birthmarked, Prized, and Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien; The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski; Crewel by Gennifer Albin; & Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
courtesy of Macmillan



Other details:
  • US mailing addresses only.
  • Contest ends 11/10/12, at 9 p.m. EST.
Remember, you must complete the form to be entered, and only one form submission per person will be counted. If you have any questions about this contest, see my contest policy, or contact me and ask away.

3 munch(es) :

M.A.D. said...

Fun trivia, though I have no idea which was false so I had to guess. But I *think* I forgot to mark that I'm an old follower on the form. Can you correct it for me if I did? <3
(I was too busy mulling over the trivia) lol
GFC: Mary DeBorde (M.A.D.)

Stephanie Jobe said...

Talk about a stack of books that make me drool. I bet they were a hoot.

holdenj said...

Why, thank you, featured blogger, for the great giveaway and fun recap. Will be curious about which trivia is false, I have been spending a lot of time thinking about it, finally just guessed!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.