-->
young adult book reviews & more

My oh my oh my!

Remember my post about Book Blogger Appreciation Week (the one where I was semi-wheedling for you to vote for me)? Well, apparently it paid off, because:
I just wanted to say thanks to all those who nominated me then. It means a lot, especially because I made it this far. Also, a special thanks to Sherry who left a comment on another post to congratulate me—if you hadn’t done so, I probably wouldn’t’ve noticed I was a finalist!
So, if you happen to think The Book Muncher is the best YA Lit Blog in existence (or you just happen to like it), then go vote for me here! Even if you don’t think The Book Muncher is the best YA Lit Blog, you should cast a vote anyway (and honestly!); there are some other great YA book blogs nominated as well, such as The Page Flipper, Presenting Lenore, The Story Siren, and Bookshelves of Doom. So, if you don’t vote for me, I won’t be offended because I’ll know another great reviewer got your vote (and because I won’t know who votes for what). But if any of you do choose to vote for The Book Muncher, then many thanks in advance. Remember, voting is open until 9/12 at midnight and the Awards will be presented on 9/18.
In other news, I just hit the 25000 mark for hits on The Book Muncher about a week ago. Yay me! It’s so cool to actually realize that other people besides myself read my blog to the extent that I’ve gotten over 25000 hits in less than a year! I know the stat in my right sidebar says like 15000, but that’s individual visitors (I honestly don’t know how the program distinguishes the two, but it does). I am planning to hold a contest in celebration of my readers sometime soon, but I’ve already got some others lined up (like the current one for The Brothers Torres), so that will have to wait.
Also, strange but cool, I’ve had an anonymous commenter on my blog. Why this deserves special attention, I’m not exactly sure. I think it’s because I usually have a general idea of those who leave comments on my blog and for me, anonymous is like whoa! Sounds weird (and doesn’t really make sense), I know, but it’s cool to me.
And have you seen this new Blogger follower thing? How cool is that? Thanks also to all my “followers” (you can see them under “Follow the Muncher” in the left sidebar). I’ve got (as of 9/05/08), 4, count ‘em 4, followers. Trés cool, no? I will of course be updating the list of the blogs I follow sometime soon. And if you like The Book Muncher so much that you want to follow it too (in addition to voting for it in BBAW for which I will be eternally grateful!), then be my guest. I’d really love to know everyone who reads The Book Muncher, but I guess for now this will have to do!
What it basically comes down to is this: THANK YOU TO ALL MY READERS! Without you, The Book Muncher would be nothing.

12 munch(es) :

Booked Books said...

I'm not surprised. Congrats! =D

the story siren said...

hey! congrats!! i'm so glad to see you up there. you deserve it!

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

Congratulations!

Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
Chapter 1 is online!

Leigh Purtill said...

Congrats, congrats on your nom to that fantastic list of blogs! I love the blogger follower thing too and am updating my list right now to include yours! V. cool~

Mari said...

Congrats!

Lenore Appelhans said...

YAY!

ann cannon said...

Congratulatiions!!! I discovered your very cool blog when you reviewed my book THE LOSER'S GUIDE TO LIFE AND LOVE and I've referred to it often since. I've worked as both a YA lit teacher and a bookseller here in Salt Lake City at The King's English and your blog is a tremendous resource.

Best wishes!

Ann Cannon

RR2 said...

yay! congrats!

Steph said...

Congrats!! :)

Dominique said...

congrats!! =D

Maryannwrites said...

That is so awesome. Congrats on the nomination.

dd said...

Yayyyyy!!!! =D I'm following your blog as of right now! Lol, I had no idea you could do that- but its awesome. ;)

~Lucy D =)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.