-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Andrea Cremer

A few days ago, I went to my first California book signing in years. Yes, years. It felt weird not to be able to hop on the subway and take a ride to my local Barnes & Noble like I do in New York City, but fear not, I made it safely in my friend's car.

I was super excited to soothe my book event withdrawal, which occurs every time I come back to California during a school break, and also to see author Andrea Cremer, who's on tour to promote the last book in the Nightshade trilogy, Bloodrose. It's always a little awkward for me when I go to book events for books that I haven't read yet, especially when I don't have my book signing regulars to distract me from my own awkwardness, and especially when my copy of Bloodrose bears the battle scars from losing a fight with a Brita filter...long story. But of course, I needn't have worried, because it was a thoroughly enjoyable event!

Andrea Cremer! (I apologize for the poor picture quality of my iPod)

Andrea read a favorite scene from Bloodrose, and then took lots of questions from an eager audience. I was especially excited to hear about the projects she's working on next, including two prequels and other books set in the world of Nightshade, a steampunk trilogy, as well as a collaboration with the famed David Levithan. Needless to say, there is cause for my excitement!

EDIT: me, my friend Kristi, and Andrea Cremer! (thanks to Kristi for this picture)

My good friend Kristi and I got our books signed and also got to snag some pretty cool posters featuring the new (well, new in a relative sense) cover art for Nightshade. Yes, we got those signed too. And yes, I have one to give away here!

CONTEST CLOSED

(1) lucky winner will receive a signed Nightshade poster

To enter this contest, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGEyTnBZSk80Mkw5N2pMQzNQSXdDbkE6MQ

Other details:
  • US mailing addresses only.
  • Contest ends 1/25/12, at 9 p.m. EST.
Remember, you must complete the form to be entered, and only one form submission per person will be counted. If you have any questions about this contest, see my contest policy, or contact me and ask away.

1 munch(es) :

Khy said...

Oh man, how did I miss this? I totally could have went! Oh well; it seems like it was a great event!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.