-->
young adult book reviews & more

A quick recap of the last many events I went to...

So, I've been to a few great book events since I've gotten back to NYC for the new semester. The only problem is that I've been too lazy to post about most of them until now. So, here we go! Here are the highlights of the events:

Almost a month ago, towards the end of January, I went to Bluestockings for Kody Keplinger's reading and book signing.

Kody Keplinger reads from her second novel, Shut Out

the highlights:

Then, that next week, at the beginning of February, I headed on over to the Barnes & Noble on the Upper East Side for an event with Alecia Whitaker and Jennifer E. Smith. 

the most lovely Jennifer E. Smith and Alecia Whitaker

the highlights:
  • finally getting to go to an event for Alecia Whitaker, who reads so enthusiastically, you feel like you're part of the story!
  • meeting to lovely Jennifer E. Smith
  • getting my copies of The Queen of Kentucky and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight signed
  • seeing some of my favorite bookish people, including Rachel from Bookshelf Lust and Mitali from Alley of Books (even though she doesn't really blog there anymore), who I hadn't seen since the end of last summer 

Then, the week after that, I went down to the Jefferson Market branch of the NYPL for February's Teen Author Reading Night, hosted by Barry Lyga and featuring authors Kate Ellison, Carley Moore, Madeleine George, Jennifer Hubbard, Maryrose Wood, Peter Lerangis, and Barnabas Miller.

the authors and host of February's Teen Author Reading Night

the highlights:
  • hearing all these fabulous authors read from and talk about their latest novels
  • seeing more favorite bookish people, including Mitali, Ruth, and Sam from Living Little Women
  • chatting with author Michael Northrop and meeting Rebecca Serle, author of the upcoming When You Were Mine

Finally, this past Friday, I went to Books of Wonder for the NYC stop of the Breathless Reads tour, featuring authors Andrea Cremer, Marie Lu, Beth Revis, and Jessica Spotswood. 

Marie Lu, Jessica Spotswood, Beth Revis & Andrea Cremer

the highlights:
  • talking to each of the featured authors, particularly Jessica Spotswood, whose debut Born Wicked I absolutely loved, and Andrea Cremer, who remembered me from her event in California that I went to!
  • being first in line to get things signed
  • seeing even more of my favorite bookish people, including author Kody Keplinger, Mitali, Rachel, Kelsey from The Book Scout, Britta from I Like These Books, as well as my favorite Books of Wonder employee Adam
  • getting some Breathless Reads posters signed, for some lucky ones of you!

Contest time! 
CONTEST CLOSED
(2) lucky winners will receive a Breathless Reads poster signed by Andrea Cremer, Marie Lu, Beth Revis, and Jessica Spotswood

To enter this contest, please fill out this form:

Other details:
  • US mailing addresses only.
  • Contest ends 3/01/12, at 9 p.m. EST.
Remember, you must complete the form to be entered, and only one form submission per person will be counted. If you have any questions about this contest, see my contest policy, or contact me and ask away.

0 munch(es) :

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.