So, I've been to a few great book events since I've gotten back to NYC for the new semester. The only problem is that I've been too lazy to post about most of them until now. So, here we go! Here are the highlights of the events:
Almost a month ago, towards the end of January, I went to Bluestockings for Kody Keplinger's reading and book signing.
|Kody Keplinger reads from her second novel, Shut Out|
- arriving before the event started (the last time I went to see Kody Keplinger, I was an hour late!)
- getting to hang out with Kody, Kody's agent, and my most lovely boss afterward!
|the most lovely Jennifer E. Smith and Alecia Whitaker|
- finally getting to go to an event for Alecia Whitaker, who reads so enthusiastically, you feel like you're part of the story!
- meeting to lovely Jennifer E. Smith
- getting my copies of The Queen of Kentucky and The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight signed
- seeing some of my favorite bookish people, including Rachel from Bookshelf Lust and Mitali from Alley of Books (even though she doesn't really blog there anymore), who I hadn't seen since the end of last summer
|the authors and host of February's Teen Author Reading Night|
- hearing all these fabulous authors read from and talk about their latest novels
- seeing more favorite bookish people, including Mitali, Ruth, and Sam from Living Little Women
- chatting with author Michael Northrop and meeting Rebecca Serle, author of the upcoming When You Were Mine
|Marie Lu, Jessica Spotswood, Beth Revis & Andrea Cremer|
- talking to each of the featured authors, particularly Jessica Spotswood, whose debut Born Wicked I absolutely loved, and Andrea Cremer, who remembered me from her event in California that I went to!
- being first in line to get things signed
- seeing even more of my favorite bookish people, including author Kody Keplinger, Mitali, Rachel, Kelsey from The Book Scout, Britta from I Like These Books, as well as my favorite Books of Wonder employee Adam
- getting some Breathless Reads posters signed, for some lucky ones of you!
- US mailing addresses only.
- Contest ends 3/01/12, at 9 p.m. EST.