-->
young adult book reviews & more

A launch party with cockroaches...

On August 28, I made my way downtown to Books of Wonder for what I knew would be an event infested with bugs....in the best possible way of course! I'm referring to the launch party for debut author Claire Legrand's The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls, of course!

Unfortunately, I was rather late to the party (literally) and missed any reading and Q&A, but I still managed to enjoy the festivities by proudly bearing a cockroach pin, enjoying a bug-decorated cupcake, and getting my beautiful copy of Claire's book signed.

a cake with the cover of Cavendish
Cavendish & cupcake
Claire Legrand signs Cavendish

I had the loveliest time hanging around this event and chatting with some of my favorite book people, including the author herself, my boss (who represents Claire!), and my publishing friends Charlee and JJ.

And despite my real life aversion to bugs, I have to say that I was rather sad when this bug-filled event was over.

1 munch(es) :

M.A.D. said...

I'm glad you had a fun time, even if you were running late! The cake looks like a really *yummy* book, and so does your cupcake ... even if I'm not too fond of cockroaches, either lol ;D

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.