-->
young adult book reviews & more

A couple of book events

Last week, I made it to two fantastic events in two days:

Last Tuesday, I headed on down to Books of Wonder for a signing featuring six great authors, including Lara Avery, Gwendolyn Heasley, Jeff Hirsch, Kody Keplinger, Michael Rubens, and Eliot Schrefer.

Eliot Schrefer, Lara Avery, Jeff Hirsch
Kody Keplinger, Michael Rubens, Gwendolyn Heasley

Yes, I have seem four out of these six authors multiple times before, but that didn't make this event any less enjoyable. (Let's be honest, I never tire of people talking about books). Each author introduced his/her new book with a short reading or just a chat, and then they all took some questions from the audience.

I had the loveliest time talking with the lovely Kody Keplinger and also Eliot Schrefer, to whom I lamented the fact that I had once again forgotten to bring my slingshot monkey to his event (the first time this happened was at BEA). But it's okay, because I'm pretty sure that I'll see Eliot at another one of his NYC events...and this time I'll remember...I hope.

Anyway, the very next day, I went to the Jefferson Market branch of the NYPL for October's Teen Author Reading Night.

moderator David Levithan & authors Jeff Hirsch, Aaron Karo, Alyssa Sheinmel, and Jocelyn Davies

This month's featured authors were Jeff Hirsch (yes, I did in fact see him two days in a row), Aaron Karo, Alyssa Sheinmel, Jocelyn Davies, and E.C. Myers. Unfortunately, as you can see from the above picture, E.C. didn't quite make it to his own event (due to transportation troubles, I later found out). Each author introduced and read from his/her new novel (yes, Jeff Hirsch read the same passage he read the day before, but it's okay because he read it with equal gusto). Then they answered questions from David and a few from the audience.

After the event, I hung around for a bit to chat with my favorite book friends Sam and Ruth; authors Jon Yang, Lindsay Ribar, and E.C. Myers (who finally made it to the library after the event ended); and E.C.'s literary agent.

In all, great events, as always! I'm a little sad that I won't be going to any events for a couple of weeks...I guess I should take this time to get ahead with my homework so that I can go to more events in the future? We'll see!

3 munch(es) :

M.A.D. said...

It would be wonderful to live relatively close to author events such as these (we only have corn ..
*le sigh* lol)
But, I am happy for you, girl - and I hope once the homework settles down, you can attend many more <3

holdenj said...

There's that Books of Wonder again! I met a local author at Costco this weekend, that must count for something!! :)

Rachael Stein said...

M.A.D. - corn is good too...right? ;)

holdenj - Costco totally counts! Back when I lived in southern California, I would have loved if authors came to Costco, since my family went there all the time.

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.