-->
young adult book reviews & more

A weekend of wonderful book events

Last weekend, I split my time between more scholarly duties and, you guessed it, a couple of awesome book signings!

On Saturday, I headed down to Books of Wonder for a great event with authors Lauren Appelhans, Kate Ellison, Adele Griffin, Lauren Morrill, Lauren Oliver, Jess Rothenberg, and Rachel Shukert.

the authors above, in alphabetical order!

The event space was pretty crowded by the time I got there (late, as per usual!), so I stood in the back to listen in. The authors all chatted a little bit about their writing and most recent books, and then they took questions from the audience.

I had a great time hanging out with some of my favorite book people, including bookish friends Adam, Jennifer, and Jen; blogger Melody from Hollywood The Write Way; and authors Lenore Appelhans and Adele Griffin.

Then the next day, I went to McNally Jackson Books, a wonderful bookstore in SoHo that I've been to many times but never for an event! Thus, I was very excited to go there for a YA panel moderated by David Levithan and featuring authors Jennifer E. Smith, Elizabeth Eulberg, Caela Carter, Barry Lyga, Lindsay Ribar, and Jessica Verdi.

clockwise from top left: Jessica Verdi, Jennifer E. Smith, Barry Lyga, Elizabeth Eulberg, Lindsay Ribar, and Caela Carter

Each author read a short segment from their newest book, and all the readings were wondering in very different ways. Then they answered some questions from David, and then took questions from the audience. The entire event was thoroughly entertaining, because the authors have such varied mix of personalities and books!

I hung around the event for longer than I intended to after, chatting with the lovely authors, especially Lindsay Ribar, as well as author Alison Cherry and blogger Khy from Frenetic Reader.

Needless to say, these events were a fun break from the craziness of the impending end of my college career!

1 munch(es) :

holdenj said...

I was going to say, it's great you still have time to take a break and head to some of these! I am sure this will be a busy month for you!

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.